Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help Please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yesterday night some fucked up shit happened, it was around 2am, i was just laying down on my bed ready to goto sleep. within a few minuites of me resting my head, i could hear someone walking downstairs in my hallway, i thought maybe its my mother. so i kept listening....all of a sudden the stepts started running up the stairs very quickly, while the sound started gettin louder, i was shittin myself. the steps then ran all the way to the top (past my room, and into the bathroom) then they came running back out...infront of my bedroom door. at this point i was so scared, then my door burts open, as if someone had kicked it open.
AND NO ONE WAS THERE....you dont understand how freaked out i was, i had my eyes closed, and peaked with one eye open. defenetly no one there. put my quilt over my head, then i felt a weight on my body, i had a sinking feeling, and my legs started getting cold. then a few minuited later the feeling went away, i didnt get back up to close the open door, because i was so shit scared. just a few mins ago i asked my mom if she heard anything, she said she didnt...i am now scared to sleep in my room tonight and i dont know what to do...

Comments

• Options
    fuck that's really shitted me out :( :nervous: :(
  • Options
    I will never get to sleep tonight :(
    And I dunno what to do, im to scared
  • Options
    Stop being a pussy :razz:

If someone's gonna happen, it'll happen. Sitting worrying about it's not gonna change that.
  • Options
    I am sat next to the radiator and I've just gone cold, similair thing happened to me when I was about 13. Seen ghosts a few times but never been harmed by one just a little freaked out.

My experience like that only happened the once so chances are it will never happen again. It could be just a dream, its not unknown for the mind to play tricks on you when your in the twilight zone between sleep and awaking.

Either way don't worry, nothings coming through that bedroom door tonight.
  • Options
    Block the door up then hide in the corner so u can see all the room without moving your head.

but.. Fucking hell that shit scared me..:nervous:
  • Options
    fuck i shouldn't read this thread, i'm really scared :(
  • Options
    Sometimes the answer can be closer than you think...

http://www.crystalinks.com/poltergeists.html
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by My_Poor_Brain
    I will never get to sleep tonight :(

Neither will I, but that's probably got more to do with the base I've bombed.

I don't think I'm the only one in this thread who's done too many drugs. Ghosts :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    it was obviously the grim reaper ...found no eligable punters so has gone on his way ...someone on your street will die this week when he finds the right house.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    it was obviously the grim reaper ...found no eligable punters so has gone on his way ...someone on your street will die this week when he finds the right house.
    :eek:

:crying:
  • Options
    Ooh blimey.

Anyone you know died in ya house or owt?
    Maybe a nasty dead relative?
  • Options
    My candle thows it self at me all the time. I used to have it sitting on top of my pc (ya know the hardrive box thing) and it was in the middle to theres now way it could just fall off. Its scary! its staying on the floor now! Thats right the floor!
    Oh yea, and my room shakes from time to time...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Fucking hell that shit scared me..:nervous:

and me :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Neither will I, but that's probably got more to do with the base I've bombed.

I don't think I'm the only one in this thread who's done too many drugs. Ghosts :rolleyes:

Seen 'em before I had even tried my first cig

Enjoy tomorrow...............

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I don't believe in ghosts, and just believe you were having a very lucid dream.
    Also, the bit about someone on the bed sounds like a phenomenon called night terrors. That feeling of being awake and unable to move because someone, or something, is on the bed.
  • Options
    Who ya gonna call?
  • Options
    :) entertaining! heh im not afraid of ghosts. Why do only certain people bedcome ghosts. sssooooo many people die - with unfinished business.

:)
  • Options
    well the cold can be some kind of shock, but its also known for paranormal activity.

I have some weird shit about me, ive seen around 3 ghosts n keep readin friends' minds etc. n i keep having premonitions (sp?)

Its weird because my grandma has the same thing, but she can also sense death, which is fair freaky:eek2:

end of the day, if they were there to hurt u they would have by now, just get on with it, nothing you can do about it sept sleep downstairs!
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L

Its weird because my grandma has the same thing, but she can also sense death, which is fair freaky:eek2:

The sensing death isn't very nice either :no:

I wouldn't worry about it My_Poor_Brain - I don't think it was a poltergheist (though they are often associated with teenagers and hormones - so if you've been feeling particualry stressed likely then its a possibility).

It's probably just trying to scare you - ghosts/spirits etc feed off emotions especially fear - so if it comes again just be forceful - and tell it to go away, you're not afraid of it - and it probably will - if it doesn't then you might have to bless your house but I doubt it. (Unless you do want to do that then let me know I can show you some websites or tell you etc).

Hope you get some sleep tonight!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

Ah, someone in this thread who's not completely OTT. :heart:

'Ahhh, my God! I heard something knock on my door! It must be a ghooost!! :nervous: :shocking:'.

:p
  • Options
    Sorry but I have to disagree daisy

just because people see ghosts or see weird things doesnt mean they're drunk, on drugs or seeing things; or blatently lieing. Theres something there and i don't see how you can explain half of the stuff that happens by just saying people are crazy!

End of the day, this thing happenned to lipsy. She could have been dreaming, or someone could have been playing a trick or something, or she could be lieing (its a possibility) but it almost certainly happenned, thats why she is so scared. And I don't think dismissing it like you are explains it, or helps matters.

One of my favourite quotes for this kind of thing makes a whole lot of sense here:

"To the believer, no proof is needed, to the sceptic, no proof is possible."

Sorry I'm being a little heavy etc. but it's something that has been on my mind for a long time. There is something weird out there and just because science hasn't proved it exists doesn't mean its not there.
  • Options
    its fuckin typical

derby is apparently the most haunted city in europe... but do i see anything? do i fuck!!
  • Options
    I just had a scour round on the internet and couldn't find anything about ghosts using scientific methods. - Other than 'extoplasm detection methods' and some such. If someone was to conduct a study.. scientifically... and prove either way whether they exist or not then you could convince me.

So far all I've seen is a load of hardcore beleivers and a load of unsupported stories (ie: no scientific evidence just people's accounts).

It seems more likely in my opinion (which I try to keep unbiased) that these occurances are the result of someone's overactive imagination and/or paranoia (which has happened to me before but when I went to investigate it, it was a box :yeees:) rather than someone's residual life energy (as I have been led to beleive this is what ghosts are - if anyone has another suggestion please offer it) hanging around and 'haunting' people - this 'energy' seemingly having the ability to think without complex neural pathways.

And also - energy isn't infinite; it eventually runs out. The energy in the human body, outside the human body (without energy saving adaptions we have ie: hair) will dissapate very quickly and there's no way it could hang around for hundreds of years.

I'm not saying that ghosts don't exist or that it's silly to beleive in them. Just that I have yet to see any scientific evidence.
  • Options
    science geeks suck
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    science geeks suck

They invented the internet :p and computers :chin: and probably a load of other important stuff. Don't forget about all the cures + vaccines they've made :p
  • Options
    they are still squares duuuuuuuude.