Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mini!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who here :heart:'s classic minis??? i do, they are the best eva!!! and what are peoples opinions on the new 'mini's'?
i think that they were released totally the wrong way, and that's what rubbed all classic mini owners up the wrong way!! BMW (not austin) released them as the "new and improved mini", when really they are a new style, but definately not improved.
what do you all think?? if you have a mini, tell us bout it and post a pic if you can.
My mate and b/f both have one, il try and get pics :)

p.s. uve gotta :heart: em, cos Mr Bean has one, and he's great :lol:

Comments

• Options
    they're wicked. too expensive for me though
  • Options
    They handle great & they just will you to chuck them round corners.

The gear box has a nice close ratio so you get a sporty quick gear change from standard.

But alas they are too expensive & at the end of the day they can never replace a retro classic that the old mini is.

After all they are a german made bmw not a British classic.

I wouldn't mind a mini cooper s works or the brabus mini cooper s:

jcw_s_07.jpg

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    I don't like minis.
  • Options
    The old style Mini is a classic. Personally I love Volkswagens, and have always had a VW. But that doesn't make me snobbish towards other cars, especially classics - such as the Mini.
    To be honest, if it's got wheels and an engine, I'm interested. :)
  • Options
    i had a few minis in the seventies and loved them. at 6ft 2in i had loads of leg and head room. feel like your going very fast cos your so near the ground. real fun motor. i'm yet to have a drive in the new cooper s but they certainly look the part.
  • Options
    I had a black mini with a pink furry interior which I adored, but it was majorly fucked up so it had to be scrapped :crying: :crying: :crying:

Then my parents bought a new mini which I drove sometimes, which was AMAZING to drive, really really amazing, but it had two crashes (neither of them our faults) and after that my parents sold it because it just wasn't the same after it had been so badly damaged and repaired so many times.

Now I don't have a car :(

The new Mini is lovely as a car in its own right, but it's not anywhere near as cool as the original Mini and they shouldn't try and pretend that it is.
  • Options
    Dont like mini's, they're just not my type of car :no:
  • Options
    I want a mini! But i want an old mini! COs i sat in the driving seat of one of the new ones in a show room and everything seemed out of place... :confused: like the steering wheel was too close to the centre of the car for where the seat was positioned... Old mini's are cool tho :D