Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My name`s Miffy and I`m.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...an Ebay addict.

So this could have been written for me!!

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I downloaded that ages ago. Hilarious!
  • Options
    do you sell stuff or just buy?
  • Options
    my brother is addicted to ebay :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    my brother is addicted to ebay :rolleyes:

So am I...you can get very cheap brand new dvds on there :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    do you sell stuff or just buy?

We`ve sold a couple of things.
  • Options
    That reminds me, I've got tons of stuff I want to get rid of, and I was thinking of ebay'ing a load of it. Did you find it was worth it Miffy? ie did you get enough cash to make it worthwhile (suppose this depends upon what you're selling?).
  • Options
    (Don't know why ... the kind of stuff you'd throw away)
    (I'll buy on eBay)
    :lol: that was really funny.

i've never bought and never sold on e-bay. my brother got completely ripped off on that website although thats not the reason i've not used it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    That reminds me, I've got tons of stuff I want to get rid of, and I was thinking of ebay'ing a load of it. Did you find it was worth it Miffy? ie did you get enough cash to make it worthwhile (suppose this depends upon what you're selling?).

It depends what you`re selling, how you word the ad, if you`ve got a decent photo of the stuff, whether you slap extortionate P&P on it or not.......

You can always put a reserve on it. Look on there for simillar items to what you`re selling and you`ll see roughly what they`re going for.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Did you find it was worth it Miffy? ie did you get enough cash to make it worthwhile (suppose this depends upon what you're selling?).

i made £350 on there in one go last month. yeah, it does depend what you're selling, and yes you can get ripped off, but it's not hard to tell who's geniune and who's shifty.

beware of people with zero or negative feedback, if you're selling, wait for cheques to clear, or paypal payments to arrive in your acount before you send anything out. ebay will cover you over a certain amount.

and if it looks too good to be true, that's probably cause it is.