Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Underage sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It surprises me how many children, yes children they are under 16, have had sex.

I'm 15 and have been brought up the "Christian Way" and my mum would have a fucking heart attack if she knew I had sex (I haven't) But there are these kids my age and younger who have had sex and TBH it shocked me.

Comments

• Options
    :lol:

"I'm 15 and have been brought up the "Christian Way" and my mum would have a fucking heart attack "

Yes... how Christian of you to say the F word...:lol:

Ilora x
  • Options
    It surprises you that people in school have sex? What a sheltered life you lead.
  • Options
    Regardless of christianity, I was brought up in a way that discouraged me from having sex too young, and I agree Jazza that it's shocking how many children do think it's 'normal' to have sex at about 13.

I'm all for people deciding by themselves when they're mature enough to have sex, and I have friends who lost their virginity age 15 and 16 who don't regret it, but none who lost it when younger (as far as I know...) - and many of my friends regret losing their virginity when they did.

I was 17 when I first had sex and was definitely ready, didn't regret it at all. I don't know... I guess everyone's different, but as a rule I think when you're younger than say 15 you probably aren't emotionally mature enough to deal with sex. It's just not right, and I actually feel ill and very depressed at the thought of kids younger than about 14 having sex, because I'm sure they're not doing it for the right reasons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    :lol:

"I'm 15 and have been brought up the "Christian Way" and my mum would have a fucking heart attack "

Yes... how Christian of you to say the F word...:lol:

Ilora x

:lol: Not too strictly though ;) Must be the devil in me :p

Oh and DaisyChainThing, I do not lead a sheltered life, I said "When I first found out it shocked me" it just disgusts me now.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Underage sex
    Originally posted by rachie004
    children, they are under 18

Even so...
  • Options
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    ya did we not just have a VERY similar topic?

Are you getting cheeky with me newbie?

:p
  • Options
    LMAO

oh oh wait..

ROFLMAO

*ahem*

Sorry but why is it up to you to decide when others have sex, just because someone reaches 16 doesn't mean they're ready for it, and just because someone's 14 doesn't mean they aren't.

I don't know why it shocked you really, it's like being shocked that people do drugs when they're illegal etc.

Although then again, my mum has always respected her kids in that if we feel ready for sex, we have it, she knows we're educated into the risks so doesn't have a problem with it.
  • Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. Aslong as they're both consenting and no one's being harmed, and they're using protection and stuff, I think it's okay. You just gotta be responsible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth
    We used to have competitions who could get off with the most people in a night, or have a list with people we wanted to snogged...

But my girlfriends younger sisters mates have this list relating to blow jobs and sex... hows that right? They just see it as something to do, and has such im assuming most of them dont really care about condoms or really even know about STIs

Yeh, that's quite disturbing when you think - when I was 13/14 or whatever, I doubt I even knew what a blow job was :rolleyes:

Along with ignorance about protection; teenage pregnancy rates will only get higher.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    when I was 13/14 or whatever, I doubt I even knew what a blow job was :rolleyes:

I know i didnt, i remember we were at piss up in the park one night and i sed to my b/f at the time (who i'd been with for 7 months btw) that i'd give him a blow job.....it wasnt intill we went to find a hidin place that i realised i had no idea what to do. And cos i was pissed i ended up asking these random ppl (also on a piss up) what to do.
  • Options
    Yeh, that's quite disturbing when you think - when I was 13/14 or whatever, I doubt I even knew what a blow job was :rolleyes:

I didn't until about a year ago (14) and even then I felt stupid for not knowing sooner. And there are Year 7's in my school going round asking people for them.

What is the world coming to!?

Although I think it all depends on the person when they want to have sex. Although anything below 13 (my at-the-time best mate lost hers at 13 to an at-the-time 17 year old) I think is just wrong. You can't be mentally ready at that age. Even if you are physically.

Frankay
    x
  • Options
    i was also brought up the same way jazza, but it didnt stop me, i look at 13yr olds now though and think omg was i seriously like that, and i was, its stupid.
  • Options
    Thing is when you're 14/15/16 you think you know best, about everything. If you want sex you're going to go and get it no matter what anyone else telsl you. It's not til you're older that you really how stupid it is. Unfortunately everyone has to find it out from themselves cos they wont listen to anyone else :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i had sex at 8!

then again at 9,

then at twenty past!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. Aslong as they're both consenting and no one's being harmed, and they're using protection and stuff, I think it's okay. You just gotta be responsible.

No mention of love, emotion, tenderness, prior knowledge, steady relationship etc.

You could work for the Labour Government, hand out morning after pills to 13 year old girls :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    No mention of love, emotion, tenderness, prior knowledge, steady relationship etc.

Yeh but seriously, how many people have all that with people they sleep with even after they're 16?! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Yeh but seriously, how many people have all that with people they sleep with even after they're 16?! :p

I do. But that's not the point, we're talking about other people.

Children just aren't being educated properly about sex.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Underage sex
    Originally posted by J You'll notice a difference in parenting between those who have sex at a younger age and those who don't. Many of the people who do, come from broken homes. The reason they are broken in the first place was probably for reasons involving sex or money. The kids that come from them will probably then do the exact same thing.
    It's a downward spiral to hell on earth and that is the truth. That is unless people start to realise what is going on around them and try to make at least some change.

Many of the people who do, come from broken homes, and many people that do dont come from broken homes. Whats your point?
    i take it that you dont come from a one parent family and thats why your so perfect?

I come from a one parent family, i didnt have sex until i was 18 and in a steady relationship that lasted for over a year.

I think that if your going to start blaming one parent familys for a problem with society that you should look at the bigger picture before doing so!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Underage sex
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    Many of the people who do, come from broken homes, and many people that do dont come from broken homes. Whats your point?
    i take it that you dont come from a one parent family and thats why your so perfect?

I come from a one parent family, i didnt have sex until i was 18 and in a steady relationship that lasted for over a year.

I think that if your going to start blaming one parent familys for a problem with society that you should look at the bigger picture before doing so!

statistically speaking his point is valid but i dont think he was implying that every broken home means that the kids end up sleeping around sooner. just generally.

my viewpoint is that people have sex way too young nowadays! I mean, people younger than me have had sex. People significantly younger than me have had sex. I'm not saying they weren't ready - but to be honest, most of them weren't. They thought they owned the world and they knew best. Had sex. Then reality kicked in :p then they grow up a bit and wonder why they lost it then...
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Children just aren't being educated properly about sex.

Interesting you should say that.

In Sunderland, women's protection groups are now refusing to give out the pill and condoms to under-16s, because apparently girls having sex that young are not having sex with their peers, but with older men.

That is just sick. Even when I was 16 I wouldn't want to fuck a year 7 girl, it's just disgusting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    In Sunderland, women's protection groups are now refusing to give out the pill and condoms to under-16s, because apparently girls having sex that young are not having sex with their peers, but with older men.

But by not giving them the contraception, surely that would cause more problems in the long run? Because if they really want to have sex, then they will, whether they have protection or not. Which would mean possible increases in teenage pregnancies and STIs...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    But by not giving them the contraception, surely that would cause more problems in the long run? Because if they really want to have sex, then they will, whether they have protection or not. Which would mean possible increases in teenage pregnancies and STIs...

They've found that that isn't true, because the men are older I think.

I only saw it in passing in the Northern Echo...
  • Options
    yeh the thing is, with the people doing it at a really young age like 12 arent doing it with peers, the girls doing it with older guys normally (because how many 12yr old guys get laid!)....

thats why its wrong, its not experimenting , its being conned...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    But by not giving them the contraception, surely that would cause more problems in the long run? Because if they really want to have sex, then they will, whether they have protection or not. ...

And believe me, they are :P I didn't know that about the MAP here though. I suppose if people are abusing it then maybe it'll cut down on little girls having sex but... I dunno. I would imagine them just getting an older friend to get it for them anyway.

Also... I found out last week that my boyfriend lost his virginity when he was 14... to an 11 year old :-O :-O who was still at primary school I think! Jesus!
  • Options
    if you feel you are ready and your partner is ready and you have protection and you feel totally sade about the situation then fine.

i was brought up being told by my mother that i should only ever do it if and when i feel ready and safe, and i agree with that. personally i feel ready but only with the right person and at the right time. i´m not despratly trying to find some guy to go it with, but if the oppitunity came up and i was totaly sure i was ready and i had protection then i would but i don´t think thta will be soon.

Luby