Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I saved a pigeon last night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It was on the pavement, with a suspected broken leg, couldnt move :( My eyes welled up thinking nasty kiddies or eveil people might tease, torment and tortue it :( I was stood outside the chinese, they cam out and soon people gathered. The RSPCA is opposite but it was shut, so we phoned the emergency vet. They said they would take it in but couldnt collect it :( so they kind chinese lady took me in her car, a beamer 318 ci and it was sick! Anyway, they took it in :d The vet have just phoned and said its been sent to a pigeon sanctuary and its leg should be fine!
:angel:
So what good deeds have you done in the last week or had done for you?

Comments

• Options
    woah, near my work yesterday there was a dead pigeon on the floor with its head bit off and guts out :(

i think someones taking revenge on the pigeons its a nationwide phenomonen.
  • Options
    my friend did the exact same thing a couple of months ago! she went mad at me when i told her i wouldn't have bothered.
  • Options
    what a totally bizarre but really kinda heartwarming story.
  • Options
    Pigeons are evil filthy creatures!
    My mate used to race them with his uncle-
    best day was when he had to ring one of their necks- made me so proud!

Ive been looking after my dogs puupies all week in my house!
    there cute- but squeal a lot!
  • Options
    I work in an old ppls home....
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    my friend did the exact same thing a couple of months ago! she went mad at me when i told her i wouldn't have bothered.
    I would too! Dont really like pigeons but I cant walk away and leave something in pain, it wold plague my mind with guilt for the rest of my life! If I wasnt so squeamish I would have rung its neck!
  • Options
    Re: I saved a pigeon last night
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I was stood outside the chinese,
    if they'd spotted it first it would have been in the sweet and sour faster than you could say number 45 please.
  • Options
    It was on the pavement, with a suspected broken leg, couldnt move :( My eyes welled up thinking nasty kiddies or eveil people might tease, torment and tortue it :( I was stood outside the chinese, they cam out and soon people gathered. The RSPCA is opposite but it was shut, so we phoned the emergency vet. They said they would take it in but couldnt collect it :( so they kind chinese lady took me in her car, a beamer 318 ci and it was sick! Anyway, they took it in :d The vet have just phoned and said its been sent to a pigeon sanctuary and its leg should be fine!

You have soul my sis'

As for good deeds, Just call me Daddy, I like to discipline the untamed of our society

PEACE
  • Options
    Re: Re: I saved a pigeon last night
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if they'd spotted it first it would have been in the sweet and sour faster than you could say number 45 please.

now you mention it the duck is always bonier and leaner than I would have imagined
  • Options
    My good deed this week was doing the shopping for the old lady next day. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I do dumb things like pick up glass in nightclubs so people don't slice their feet open.

I wish you'd been around when I stood on glass and ended up in hopsickle. :( You don't live in the Staffordshire area do you?
  • Options
    Whilst I commend you on your regard for nature, everytime I go into Liverpool city centre I wish someone would shoot the pigeons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Sorry, I'm a mockney. :(

I don't know what that is :(
  • Options
    I would too! Dont really like pigeons but I cant walk away and leave something in pain, it wold plague my mind with guilt for the rest of my life! If I wasnt so squeamish I would have rung its neck!

You'd have to kill yourself living round here. Evil people are always doing stuff like ripping pigeons' legs off, or burning them off with cigarettes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    You'd have to kill yourself living round here. Evil people are always doing stuff like ripping pigeons' legs off, or burning them off with cigarettes.
    Yeah when I lived in Sunderland I used to fight with kids, when I was a kid. They used to catch pigeons for people so they could make pies!
  • Options
    Yeah when I lived in Sunderland I used to fight with kids, when I was a kid. They used to catch pigeons for people so they could make pies!

*is disturbed* :eek:
  • Options
    awww
  • Options
    Re: Re: I saved a pigeon last night
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    damn you i was thinking that as i read it
  • Options

I didn't save a pigeon, but I came home, and my lovely cats had left me a dead one on the doorstep. Came with feathers n all, just lying there. And then I had to pick it up and put it in a plastic bag in the in outside.... ewww.
  • Options
    my friends saw a squirell get run over today - guts and brains splattered across the road. then it got run over again
  • Options
    The vet have just phoned and said its been sent to a pigeon sanctuary
    These actually exist??? :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    my friends saw a squirell get run over today
    Pigeons are considered as rats wings, but squirells are just rats with fluffy tails (though, as far as I know, don't carry and spread diseases lik rats do).
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    my friends saw a squirell get run over today - guts and brains splattered across the road. then it got run over again
    out here in the countryside you begin to notice that even roadkill has its seasons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SlimeFace
    You have soul my sis'

As for good deeds, Just call me Daddy, I like to discipline the untamed of our society

PEACE
    You want people to call you Daddy?:eek2:
  • Options
    I once saved a bird that we found downtown. It couldn't fly. Me and my friend were going to keep it overnight before deciding on something. We called it Stalin and tried to feed it worms. It died the following night though and we gave it a fancy funeral somewhere.
    I couldn't kill birds myself, but I do not think that very common birds should be kept alive if something happens to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    You want people to call you Daddy?:eek2:

Yes my son