Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I have a "Lung Contusion" from my car reck..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you might know, I was in a car accident exactly 1 week ago. All I thought I got from the accident was a few stitches, bruises and scratches. The past couple days I have been coughing up blood and Im unable to take long breathes. So me and my mum went to the doctors today and turns out that I have…

A lung contusion. It sounds worse than it really is.

The doctor was saying a bunch of medical terms that I could understand then he finally summed it up by saying that I have a bruise on the tissue of my lung.(my right lung to be exact) And we figured the only way I got a lung contusion is from the accident. He didnt prescribe me any meds because I should heal by myself within a few weeks. But that’s the update on everything.

And now I wear my seatbelt wherever I go. Even if its for a few minutes. :)

Comments

• Options
    Coughing up blood! :nervous: Sounds frightening. Glad it's not too serious though.
    How are your friends doing? The ones that were badly injured in the accident?
  • Options
    my one friend that was in critical condition is improving. he finally opened his eyes and moved his fingers. He still in the hospital though. Everyone else is doing pretty good though. I get my stitches out next week(only got 3 of them but still, ive never had stitches before so its kinda exciting for me!)
  • Options
    Stitches, exciting? :eek2: I've got three in my hand, and I don't find them exciting. In fact, I found them painful earlier on when I tried to instinctivley catch something I dropped (damned reflex reactions). They're disolvable stitches though, which should dissapear in about six weeks. So that saves having to go through the discomfort of having them removed, but I'll be feeling them for weeks. :(
    It seems to be lucky that you're all allive, and don't appear to have any real long term problems from the accident. Very lucky.
  • Options
    wooo, stiches stiches lets have a prty, anyways. glad you wasn't hurt too bad and yay it heals up. yayayayayayaya. yes. well... bye now
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds painful!
    Hope you recover soon.
  • Options
    hope you and your friends all feel better soon :)
  • Options
    Re: I have a "Lung Contusion" from my car reck..

:nervous: :(
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    He didnt prescribe me any meds because I should heal by myself within a few weeks. But that’s the update on everything.

And now I wear my seatbelt wherever I go. Even if its for a few minutes. :)

:D
  • Options
    Hope you and your mates get better soon! :D