Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how can i overcome my extreme jealousy in my relationship i dont like it at all

Comments

• Options
    Well, what is it you're jealous of?
  • Options
    im not sure i get jealous when hes out with his ex and sometimes when hes flirting with girls i know he would never cheat on me but i always get jealous
  • Options
    I would be more worried about the ex thing rather than the flirting thing tbh, but at the end of teh day, it all comes down to trust. If you trust him, then you should be able to talk to him about your insecurities. And if you flip it round, would you like him to be jealous of you seeing your ex, or talk to him and sort it out?
  • Options
    Re: jealousy
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    how can i overcome my extreme jealousy in my relationship i dont like it at all

essentially, it's only you that can overcome your jealousy - 'cause it's all in your head.

now, your jealousy might be completely rational - he might be giving you strong reason to be jealous. however, a lot of the time, it can be irrational.

have a talk to him and tell him how you feel - he could maybe cut down on the flirting. him and his ex might still be good friends. i'm afraid you'll just have to trust him on that one.

you need to start thinking 'it's me he's with - not her'. :yes:
  • Options
    agree totaly with lucifer
  • Options
    i'm sure i chould come up with more stuff if she needs it. i know what it's like to be the jealous type, but unfortunatley, i'm no good at taking my own advice. :rolleyes: