Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nose Piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering a)how much having ure nose pierced actually hurts as im having it done soon and just wanted to be prepared and b)what do u guys think of nose piercings?

Comments

• Options
    They're fucking hideous. Ew.
  • Options
    Fuck you Kiezo.

I've had my nose pierced since I was 12 and I'm lost without it. It didn't hurt at all, it just ached afterwards...

I don't regret my nose piercing one little bit, and it's staying with me til I die.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Fuck you Kiezo.

You wish you were that lucky.

She asked for peoples' opinions on nose piercings, I gave her mine - so what's the problem?
  • Options
    Eww no thanx, I'd rather shag a sheep.

Oh, and I find your opinion offensive.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Eww no thanx, I'd rather shag a sheep.

Oh, and I find your opinion offensive.

You'd need to get it drunk first for sure.

And if you found that offensive: tough shit. You're as well unplugging your internet connection and staying indoors for the rest of your life.
  • Options
    I don't like them, think they look pikey :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I don't like them, think they look pikey :no:

*agrees*

*shoots pikeys* *grins*
  • Options
    i agree with sezzles on this one.

does it hurt when you blow your nose?
  • Options
    I've had my nose pierced for about 4 years now, I remember it hurting quite a bit when the needle went through cos they don't numb it or anything, but after that it didn't ache or anything.
    Still hurts sometimes if the stud gets knocked out or if you're changing it.

I only think it looks pikey on pikeys. I'm not pikey in the slightest, it totally depends on your face and your style as to whether it's gonna suit you or not. Admittedly it can look rank but it can look really nice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I only think it looks pikey on pikeys. I'm not pikey in the slightest, it totally depends on your face and your style as to whether it's gonna suit you or not. Admittedly it can look rank but it can look really nice.

agreed.

i had one for a wee while, but took it out cause it wouldn't heal properly.

some people loved it, some hated it. same as anything else.

mine didn't hurt cause i went straight after going to the dentist, and my whole face was numb. but the piercer said it was a good job, cause most people think it hurts like hell.

and i think they look more hippy than pikey.
  • Options
    Mine cost $50. Didn't hurt much at all, just like a bad stinging sensation. But like the piercer said to me, it hurts for a second, but the pain goes away. And it does. If you hav alergies, do not, I repeat do not get it pierced. And no, andrew, no firing it :(:p most studs are either a screw or l shaped so they don't exit you unless you want it to.
  • Options
    Calm it down, no need to be quite so bitchy y'all
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I agree. I think they can look nice on some people. Although, I think the more subtle they are, the better. Massive big flower things look awful imo. Small, more discreet ones that dont stick out 2" from your nose can look nice.
  • Options
    When I had mine done it hurt a lot for a few seconds; more than my ears or belly button, possibly less than my lip. But afterwards I kept catching it and yanking it out which absolutely killed; this is when I was drying my face, kissing, scratching it in my sleep, putting clothes on... and in the end it fell out one day when I was in bed. Liked it while I had it... though I have to say, I don't think I got one real compliment on it in the few weeks I had it done, which isn't a good sign.
  • Options
    i got mine done a few months ago.it cost me £5 +as i had it done with a gun(like eara) not a needle.it stings slightly more than ear lobes but not much.it hurts when it gets caught on something but thats the same as any piercing.
    are u planning to get it done with needle or gun.if ur getting a ring ul need it done with a needle which will hurt more bt if ur just gettin a stud(which i personally prefer) id advise choosin the gun as it hurts much less!(+is cheeper)
    i tend to wear lil gem studs no bigger than 2mm across or a lil cute cross 1 iv got.i think nose piercings look nice bt only if they are small+subtle(thats just my opinion though)

hope iv been of some use
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    are u planning to get it done with needle or gun.if ur getting a ring ul need it done with a needle which will hurt more bt if ur just gettin a stud(which i personally prefer) id advise choosin the gun as it hurts much less!(+is cheeper)

argh!

piercing guns are ONLY designed to pierce earlobes, and aren't much good at that. you should never get your nose pierced with a gun, and i don't know of any properly approved piercing shops round here that even give you the option.

they're unhygeinic, promote infection and poor healing, and the studs used in them are not suitable for the delicate tissue of the nostril.

the only jewellery you should wear in a nostril piercing is a stud designed for the nose (nostril screw) or a ring.

and for the record, needle piercing hurts a lot less than gun piercing, cause it slices quickly and cleanly through your skin, instead of tearing through it the way the gun does.

and as for it being cheaper, i got mine pierced with a needle and it cost £9. if you're paying any less than that i'd be very concerned about the quality of the jewellery and the skill of the piercer.
  • Options
  • Options
    i'm thinking about having mine done in the summer, but not sure.

I think they look nice aslong as they are only little things not like something hanging from your nose.

always a question aswel, which side of your nose, left or right? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    argh!

piercing guns are ONLY designed to pierce earlobes, and aren't much good at that. you should never get your nose pierced with a gun, and i don't know of any properly approved piercing shops round here that even give you the option.

ah well im a lucky bugger then.i got it done in local tatt place+my nose has healed fine+iv no worries with it.I wouldnt have wanted it done with a needle
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I think they look nice as long as they are only little things not like something hanging from your nose.
    That's my view on them too. They're nice when they're just a neat stud, or neat ring. If the original ring is left in, then it can look like a shiny Bogey. Change it for something more subtle as soon as it's healed.
  • Options
    I had mine done since I was 13, and have taken it out in the last 3 weeks or so, because it was getting to be so inconvenient. I had to take it out for work, and if I went to anything like an interview I always took it out. And then I forgot to put it back in for about 2 weeks and it started to heal up. I think it was something I grew out of after a while, and as GWST said I left it out partly as part of my as part of my "new sensible Maria phase".
  • Options
    Omg.. Mazz!!! Why did you take it out?!

I couldn't do that to mine *pines over piercing*

How could you?! ;) lol

Ilora x
  • Options
    There was some strange, but damn funny, comedian on a weird ch2 show last night around midnight. He had a nose piercing which looked good.

Usually guys look twerps..but it went well.

Small and descrete is the key to a sexy piercing.

I've provided nothing useful. Sorry.