Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ex boyfriend problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically... I split up with my ex in November. We carried on basically secretly going out until January 3rd. Then he avoided me for 2 weeks until telling me he was going to start going out with someone else. I was obviously gutted. That was the Sunday, I talked to him about 3 times online during the following week and started going out with someone else on the Saturday. The last time I spoke to him was on the Friday so I've never told him about my new boyfriend. However, there was one time when I was with the new one, and I saw the old one in town with his mates. I don't know if he saw me but his mate definitely did so he might have told him.

Now, I've been avoiding MSN since that Friday when I spoke to him, because I was scared to tell him about the new boyfriend because I knew he would upset me in some way. Over the last week or so, though, I've been going on. I noticed that he wasn't on and just assumed he was busy, or couldn't get on. On a whim on Wednesday I checked the list of people who have me added and he doesn't. That means he must have deleted and blocked me and I don't know why... he only does that to people he is EXTREMELY pissed off with.

But... when we first split up, in November, he was really sad one day and told me it would be so much easier if he never had to see me or speak to me. And last night I had a dream where he said he still loved me, and tried to kiss me. So I dunno whether that's it :-/

I'm scared to txt or email him in case he's a)horrible or b)doesn't reply... but should I txt/email him anyway? Even if it's just to find out...?

Also, I should point out that I've been mates with my ex for about a year and a half... good mates for over a year... best mates for about 6 months... and it was a year on Tuesday since I first asked him out. Which is part of the reason I'm so distressed :P

Sorry about the length!

Comments

• Options
    aww that doesn't sound good. *hugs*

I'm guessing that you might be right about him feeling it's easier not to talk to you. It'd be a shame to throw away a friendship as well though as I'm sure you know. This is quite a hard one to read though, he could be avoiding you for several reasons.

Either...

His new girlfriend (you did say that he started seeing someone else right? got a bit lost there lol) might have made it clear that she doesn't want him talking to you. Bit nasty but still it happens.

Or...

He's still hurting about breaking up with you and talking to you will only remind him that he still has a lot of feelings for you. You can't really blame him for this, maybe it's just his way of dealing.

Or...
    The elusisve third reason which currently escapes me lol But then again it is early on a friday morning, that's my excuse anyway ;)

Dont' worry about it too much (I know it's hard but try not to). If it makes you feel better than txt or e-mail and ask what's up but don't be surprised if you don't get a reply.

Only advice I can give. Probably not very helpful lol
    Take care
    Hx
  • Options
    Just wanna ask you do you still like your ex? Like would you like to get back together? If your answer is no take it from me who's going through the same thing it'll only be worse for him if you make contact cause it might give him the wrong idea that you still like him and there's a chance of getting back together!!

My boyfriend broke up with me and its best just not to have any contact!
  • Options
    *hug*

just leave him hun, u dont wana piss him off anymore, if he wants to sort things he'll come to you. Good luck :)
  • Options
    sounds like a prick. don't waste your time.