Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sickness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just wondering if anyone can reccommend anything to eat if you're feeling sick, i heard ginger was good? just need some ideas if anyone can help? :(

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    try something light and dry...not greasy or anything, i felt ill and nearly puked about fifty times the other day...had some cereal and didnt eat for about 4hours and then i tried my luck and i was fine...hope you get better hun :)
  • Options
    yup, ginger is good for sickness. you can buy ginger capsules from health shops and chemists which work pretty well. otherwise eating anything with ginger extract in it - gingernuts, ginger ale (but check on the label, cause some of them just contain flavourings).

peppermint oil is also good for a dodge stomach. those peppermints you can get in tins that are called stuff like 'amazingly strong mints' but that aren't actually that strong. they're good. but they also contain quite a bit of sugar, so brush your teeth if you have loads.

those travel sickness bands are good, but usually only work for hormonal sickness (pregnancy, PMS, pill reaction) as well as travel sickness, obviously.

you can also get prescription drugs from your doctor that stop you feeling sick, but you can't take them if there's a chance you could be or get pregnant, cause they will do horrible things to the fetus.

food wise, try to eat often, even if it's just a slice of dry toast, or a gingernut or something, cause hunger makes you feel sicker.
  • Options
    Sugar - are you asking this because you need to know for your 'friend' who may be pregnant or is it you?

If the person is feeling sick because they are pregnant then they are a few weeks gone and should perhaps start thinking about what they want to do!
  • Options
    Also heard, as for a drink, that Ginger Ale is good as well as like Sprite or 7UP or a clear kind of soda, for drinking wise.

For food wise, would suggest saltine crackers or dry toast. That's what I have always been told drink and food wise.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Sugar - are you asking this because you need to know for your 'friend' who may be pregnant or is it you?

If the person is feeling sick because they are pregnant then they are a few weeks gone and should perhaps start thinking about what they want to do!

i was asking for myself, doctor thinks ive had a bug, i was only asking for some advice.
  • Options
    Flat sprite is good as are mints/chewing gum and anything with ginger in