Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I here voices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
am i crazy:(

Comments

• Options
    your either going through psychosis or a liar.

If its true get yourself to the doctors ASAP
  • Options
    What sort of voices? where?
    Do they tell you to do things?
  • Options
    yeah you probably are, get to the doc :yes:
  • Options
    You've been listening to too much Hi-Gate.
  • Options
    If you are hearing voices these sites may be helpful:

hearing-voices.org

Rethink

Mind: Info on psychosis

SANELINE
    Offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. The service is open from 12 noon until 2am.
    Telephone: 0845 767 8000
    sane.org.uk

Hope that helps

Susie :)
  • Options
    Someone i am clsoe to used to hear voices.

They went away.

:lol: at digital emotion!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Someone i am clsoe to used to hear voices.

They went away.

:lol: at digital emotion!

i just find it odd how someone who claims to be mentally ill can just say it and give no more details i hope for his sake his lying i really do.

My best friend hears voices now and then too he had a breakdown a few years back it was cannabis induced psychosis, he dont smoke the stuff anymore but still finds himself talking to girls in his head and losing the plot and whatever from time to time lol... shouldnt laugh but ya know!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    i just find it odd how someone who claims to be mentally ill can just say it and give no more details i hope for his sake his lying i really do.

My best friend hears voices now and then too he had a breakdown a few years back it was cannabis induced psychosis, he dont smoke the stuff anymore but still finds himself talking to girls in his head and losing the plot and whatever from time to time lol... shouldnt laugh but ya know!

I find it odd too...

Now you say it was due to smoking cannabis, that has made me think. When i met my fella hed been smoking cannabis for 5 years, and heard voices. Kids voices telling him to do pretty bad stuff, he never did what the voices told him to, he could relate to the fact that thats all they were, just voices, but it drove him crazy. Sometimes he laughed at them, but others hed cry. You got me thinking about whether his could be cannabis/pills induce.. well drug induced basically. I dont know though, because no voices anymore but he still does drugs..
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    I find it odd too...

Now you say it was due to smoking cannabis, that has made me think. When i met my fella hed been smoking cannabis for 5 years, and heard voices. Kids voices telling him to do pretty bad stuff, he never did what the voices told him to, he could relate to the fact that thats all they were, just voices, but it drove him crazy. Sometimes he laughed at them, but others hed cry. You got me thinking about whether his could be cannabis/pills induce.. well drug induced basically. I dont know though, because no voices anymore but he still does drugs..

Put it this way, My mate can be fine reasonably coping with life working etc even take a few pills now and again or a lot in his case! and still be ok.... then be silly and go out and buy a 8th of draw then his back in the land of the spirits as his described it! He can be a bit of a worry to me because he is my best mate its quite sad some of the stuff he tells me, like girls voices puttin him down and stuff and saying they want him then being nasty! luckily he aint the suicidal type though.....i think plus he gets real bad paranoia usual shit. On the plus side his into mixing and when his in that state and gets on the decks the voices tell him his ace!!

Basically your fella will know what is fucking him up. My mate says the pills are fine its just the pot,he used to smoke a oz a week before he ended up cracking up completely and ended up in a mental hospital. My mates still on anti psychotics now and he probably will be for life now i think.

I`ve read on some sites although its not been proven but cannabis can be the trigger to lifetime mental illnesse in "certain" people. My mate is one of the unlucky ones.

I dont think Ecstasy could trigger psychosis really i found more with people that have over done E are just really depressed, paranoid and moody.... probably due to a serotonin down regulation.
  • Options
    If you want to find out more about this the actual term is 'drug-induced psychosis', and it is often difficult to prove someone has this because of dual diagnosis

Amphetamines, trips (LSD, Mushrooms) and cocaine are the worst culprits for this, but cannabis and other drugs can also cause it.

Susie
  • Options
    Re: I here voices
    Originally posted by Makaveli UK

Probably.
  • Options
    Put it this way, My mate can be fine reasonably coping with life working etc even take a few pills now and again or a lot in his case! and still be ok.... then be silly and go out and buy a 8th of draw then his back in the land of the spirits as his described it! He can be a bit of a worry to me because he is my best mate its quite sad some of the stuff he tells me, like girls voices puttin him down and stuff and saying they want him then being nasty! luckily he aint the suicidal type though.....i think plus he gets real bad paranoia usual shit. On the plus side his into mixing and when his in that state and gets on the decks the voices tell him his ace!!

Basically your fella will know what is fucking him up. My mate says the pills are fine its just the pot,he used to smoke a oz a week before he ended up cracking up completely and ended up in a mental hospital. My mates still on anti psychotics now and he probably will be for life now i think.

I`ve read on some sites although its not been proven but cannabis can be the trigger to lifetime mental illnesse in "certain" people. My mate is one of the unlucky ones.

I dont think Ecstasy could trigger psychosis really i found more with people that have over done E are just really depressed, paranoid and moody.... probably due to a serotonin down regulation.

That has to be hard for you, i know it was hard for me, my fella used to say it was nothing, but it hurt me to think of him having to go through it.

Was reading a report a sociologist did, he studied a young girl who was so withdrawn into her schizophrenia there wasnt much helping her. She imagined a game of doubles tennis. She was the ball. That was her life :( Hours and hours a day of being a ball.

I can understand drugs like acid, mushies etc trigging it off, and cannabis too, im convinced my heavier 'stoner spells' resulted, or at least magnified my depression. And im also convinced that cocaine is a terrible one for depression. A very terrible one.

A person has to have the potential, i think, for a drug to trigger off a reaction. Some people are unlucky in making the wrong choices.
  • Options
    cheers susie
  • Options
    i was talking to a guy today who used to work in a psychiactric ward. He said most people that go in there are all mostly drug induced.. He even said he had people in there who lost the plot on booze!
  • Options
    Re: I here voices
    Originally posted by Makaveli UK

Judging by some of the thing syou have said in Politics, I'd say it was almost a certainty.

Of course, you could just be a troll.
  • Options
    Re: Re: I here voices
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Judging by some of the thing syou have said in Politics, I'd say it was almost a certainty.

Of course, you could just be a troll.

Give him credit, he is probably smarter then the average troll. He has seemed to behave himself though and not take the piss.

im still waiting for more details on this hearing voices claims though..
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: I here voices
    Give him credit, he is probably smarter then the average troll. He has seemed to behave himself though and not take the piss.

i take this comment back now, i`ve seen the light! :D
  • Options
    i was talking to a guy today who used to work in a psychiactric ward. He said most people that go in there are all mostly drug induced.. He even said he had people in there who lost the plot on booze!

My nan used to work in a mental hospital.. went with her a few times was quite scary when i was little but they were a great bunch of people.

I have two mates who have been alcoholics, well one is a recovering hasnt drunk for two months, the other got locked away in a hospital he turned into a complete nut job..