Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

justification?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whenever a child gets murdered or killed people always say how could god let this happen, but for all we know they could have grown up to murderers themselves, just a thought

Comments

• Options
    Re: justification?
    Originally posted by turlough
    whenever a child gets murdered or killed people always say how could god let this happen, but for all we know they could have grown up to murderers themselves, just a thought

Kinda why I think religion is shit and I don't really believe in fate.
  • Options
    Not nearly as strange/irritating as when an earthquake kills 20,000 people, and a week after the disaster they pull out a child alive against all odds and some people shout "It's a miracle! Praise the Lord!"

Yes, thank you very much Lord for killing 20,000 people but having the grace of saving one of them. How magnanimous of you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Not nearly as strange/irritating as when an earthquake kills 20,000 people, and a week after the disaster they pull out a child alive against all odds and some people shout "It's a miracle! Praise the Lord!"

Yes, thank you very much Lord for killing 20,000 people but having the grace of saving one of them. How magnanimous of you!

Aye, it's seen as a miracle when somebody is healed... see 'God' can heal one person, but not stop an earthquake. Maybe 'he' can't multitask.

I don't believe in divine intervention on the physical plane. I'm a pantheist anyhow.
  • Options
    I think a lot of things happen for a reason. It's only afterwards that the reasons become apparent.

I find it interesting how so many people can be so mocking of one person's beliefs though, when if people mock theirs they get all arsey.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I think a lot of things happen for a reason. It's only afterwards that the reasons become apparent.

I find it interesting how so many people can be so mocking of one person's beliefs though, when if people mock theirs they get all arsey.

I don't mind people mocking, questioning or saying anything about my pagan side. I'm real cool with it. And the joke about multi-tasking wasn't meant as nasty.