Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

paranoia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this has been getting to me lately...and you lot usually have good advice so here goes.

For years now i've had a weird sense of paranoia...the worst is when im alone in a room or place at night and i feel like someone or something (as in not human) are watching...like now but not so much when everyone is awake. then when i get to sleep there's the dream thing which is like im hallucinating, i wake up in a sweat and still think the dream thing is real and it's got to a point where ive woken my parents up cos i think its real. i always had this as a child when i was ill and now its starting loads more. also when i sleep i have the paranoidness in my fear of open spaces dream like im being watched and i hate it...it stops me from sleeping and its getting very very very annoying, then theres all the normal stuff which i know relates to self confidence...like thinking im fat and stuff which im not really bothered about.

if anyone has any info that can help me then thank you muchly

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey

Paranoia really is a horrible thing to cope with, and it feels like it is out of our control. Try to learn as muchabout it as possible - if you begin to understand it more, it may be easier to cope with. Mind have an excellent factsheet about paranoia here. It explains what causes paranoia and the treatments available. You may also find stress management helps you - simple things like breathing exercises can make the world of difference - have a look at our feature on coping with stress for more tips.
    Good luck
    :)