Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hairdressers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How much do you normally pay when you go to the hairdressers? and what do you get for that money?

I usually pay about £12 for a dry trim and £30 for highlights.

Comments

• Options
    Usually about £30 for a cut and blow dry. Highlights would be about £60!
  • Options
    Only about £6.50 for a dry trim but that's with discount cos the hairdresser is a mate of my mum's.. My mum trained as a hairdresser years ago, but hasn't worked as one for about 8 years so she'll colour it at home for me but won't cut it in case she doesn't do it like I want and it causes a row! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    about £27 for a wet cut and blow dry
  • Options
    depends, if im having colour put in (foils) it will end up about £50, its only about £15 for a cut
    edit: 15 pound as well as the 50 if your having both
  • Options
    £20 for a cut, dry and finish. or cheaper if you have one of the juniors.

i normally do all my colour myself, but i was reading the list at my hairdressers the other day, and it's £20 for highlights along a parting and £30 for cap/foil highlights.
  • Options
    at the salon where i (used to) work it was between £25-£39 for a cut and blow dry but if you wanted it dyed you can add at least another £25 on to that

i cut my hair myself mostly even though i could have got it done for free
  • Options
    About £20 for cut and blow-dry and £35-40 for highlights and a tint underneath. Not too bad..the place I used to go cost be £95 a time and was crap!
  • Options
    where i go its - £16 shampoo, cut, blowdry&finish...!! colour, between £35 and £50, depending what i have done!

:)
  • Options
    i get em for free cos my cousins girlfriend is a hairdresser
  • Options
    It's about £20 - £25 for a cut and blow dry where I go.
    Not sure how much highlights or colours are
  • Options
    £50ish with student discount for half head of highlights and a really good cut and blow.
  • Options
    ooh...im £29 for a cut and blow dry, and its £48 for an all over colour+cut and blow dry

where i go you cant just pay for a colour alone, its just a standard price including the cut...which is kinda annoying :(

my boyfriend dyed my hair for me the other day, so i just paid him in kisses hehe :heart:
  • Options
    wow all your prices are well cheap to the place i used to work, it was like £70 for a wash cut and blowdry:eek:

And they charged me £40 for a junior cut!!
  • Options
    £30ish - £60 depending on what I'm having done.
  • Options
    nowt! cos my mum used to be a hairdresser, so she does everything for me.

and i get toast and tea while i wait :)
  • Options
    £25 for a cut and 2 colours, bargain :thumb:
  • Options
    £9.50 for a quick chop, sometimes more if I'm getting it coloured (not very often)

Plus I always get some cheap looking bint rubbing her hands through my hair, so I get a bonus erection :thumb:
  • Options
    £14 for a wet cut (shampooed and cut) - I don't get it blowdried as I go home and wash it. I hate having little bitty hairs around my neck! I don't know how much colours are.
  • Options
    Cost me £59 last time for a cut & blowdry, and lowlights.
  • Options
    I went to hairdressers today, it cost £16 for a wash, trim and blow dry and it looks lovely! I got it done at my uni cos in london its quite expensive.:razz:
  • Options
    im getting my hair cut this week, and for a cut and blow dry it will cost £39, but i have a 15% off thingy so itll be around £33. i dont like paying so much to have my hair cut, but its so curly and difficult to cut because it springs! so i just pay a bit more and go to a better salon! ive had bad experiences in the past with some places, completely f**king up my hair!! :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    wow all your prices are well cheap to the place i used to work, it was like £70 for a wash cut and blowdry:eek:

And they charged me £40 for a junior cut!!

:eek2:

I had a bad experience with a junior, not going there again :no:

Agreed, I'm sure the majority of them are good but mine bloody wasn't. Was in a posh salon too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    About £20 for cut and blow-dry and £35-40 for highlights and a tint underneath.
    Thats pretty cheap :thumb:

I get my hair done for free, 'coz i work in a hairdressers! I should take advantage of it really, but i very rarely get my hair done...I dont colour it and i like the natural classic look, I think too many people try to make a really big statement with their hair.
  • Options
    generally under £20, just swapped my salon so am all happy as they're better, faster and cheaper-I feel bad for being disloyal but who cares!