Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair straightening products

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm buying some hair straightners soon, what products would you recommend using on my hair when I use them?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Beverly Cobella Stay Straight balm :D

In Boots, 4 quid summat..
  • Options
    The Lee Stafford Poker Straight range. I got the serum (I think it was £4.99) and it smells gorgeous. :D
  • Options
    Kerstaste Oleo Relax Serum - about £13 a bottle from some salons and also mail order, but very good stuff, especially for really curly hair like mine!
  • Options
    I use Bumble and Bumble holding spray £15 from Space NK or you could use Charles Worthington stuff, its their take away range and in a blue bottle.
  • Options
    Originally posted by XtremePleasure
    The Lee Stafford Poker Straight range. I got the serum (I think it was £4.99) and it smells gorgeous. :D

That stuff is really good!

I have the GHD spray, but to be honest it's too expensive (£11 I think) and it makes your hair feel a bit sticky. So don't go for that one. Frizz Ease do a lot of good products, as does Umberto Gianini :yes: Just go for a walk around Boots!
  • Options
    i like the ghd iron oil - its not sticky if you just "mist" it on your hair

works well i think it was recommended to me by my hairdresser - hes good! lol
  • Options
    I use either GHD Iron Oil of Tigi Control Freak - Extra Extra Straight stuff which is about £8 and rather good :)
  • Options
    i use the beach blonde hair protection stuff, stops it from druing out and smells nice
    i akso have wella straightening gell type stuff which is really good and cheap too
  • Options
    I dnt use anything apart from my sunsilk leave in conditioner....works a treat!