Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Babayaro et al kicked out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Nigerian trio thrown out

I just read this. It seems Babayaro, (Yakubu) Ayegbeni and some other Nigerian player playing at Schalke 04 have been kicked out of the Nigerian African Nations' Cup team for breaking curfew.

Do you think this is reasonable?

I would have thought Babayaro and Ayegbeni would have been important parts of the Nigerian team, but if they aren't willing to follow the rules that were apparently drawn up, then they should go.

Can't see Nigeria winning without them.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The trouble is if nothing is done about discipline, players will take the piss. This sends out a strong signal and is most important for for the up and coming younger players.

I wonder if this is a deliberate ploy to get back to playing for their clubs without being criticised for missing the national cause.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    The trouble is if nothing is done about discipline, players will take the piss. This sends out a strong signal and is most important for for the up and coming younger players.

I wonder if this is a deliberate ploy to get back to playing for their clubs without being criticised for missing the national cause.
    I hope not because Baba isn't that good, I'm happy for Wayne Bridge to be playing instead of him.
  • Options
    And sure enough who turned out for Pompey on Saturday?

;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    And sure enough who turned out for Pompey on Saturday?

;)

And did you see the Harry's face on The Premiership.

" Oh no, of course I was happy to see (Yakubu) stay out there and play for his national team"

Ringing up a 8 on the bullshit meter.
  • Options
    Hopefully, this'll send out a message to the rest of the squad that the NFA is finally toughening up.
    I can still see them winning the competition if they play their best and don't get complacent.

Super Eagles for the ANC!!!!!