Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can you help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.

My name is Anna and I am a student at Bournemouth University. I am currently in my final year (finished soon:) ) and am writing my disertation about the 'Psychological Benefits of Internet Interactive Interactions'. I believe that Forums and Virtual Communitites like this site are very beneficial and can improve our living standard if not used in excess. They are useful to provide answers and reassurance to problems or questions we migth have.

Which is what I hope to prove with my disertation. This disertation is divided into three chapters and one of the deals exclusively with boys during puberty.

What I am after are your experiences with Internet chat and bulletin boards. The contribution can be as long and as short as you wish. What I am interested in are your feelings towards this medium of communication.

If any of you had some time to spare I would really appreciate if you could contribute to my research. Girls too if they wish. I do not have a questionaire as I am after personal experiences and not a specific argument.

I do hope you get in touch and you can either post a reply on this site or email me on my university account a1473927@bournemouth.ac.uk.

All contributions will be anonymous.

Looking forward to a positive reply

Kind regards
Anna

Comments

• Options
    Is this a survey of sane individuals? You might have come to the wrong place :p

Yeah, i'll give you some help...
  • Options
    Shouldnt you try and be unbiased? Start from an equal footing and look at the evidence before deciding what your outcome is?
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, boards and forums are great....

NO THEY'RE NOT, THEY'VE GOT ME AND WONT LET ME GO!!! HELP!!! KIDNAP!!!! :p :eek2:
  • Options
    you've spelt dissertation wrong :p
    and its supposed to be the most important thing in final year, tsk...
  • Options
    Don't think she's starting off wrong bong (heh heh). She's making a statement and then hoping to back it up with data she acquires from this research, even if it ends up being that she has to reevaluate her original presupposition that internet interactive interactions are beneficial. I think so anyway. You don't have to be unbiased when writing a dissertation.
  • Options
    what a load of bollox! why not get a propper job!
  • Options
    I hope you're joking roll... Or at least taking the mickey.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    I hope you're joking roll... Or at least taking the mickey.
    me joking? me taking the piss? ...never.
  • Options
    Thesite is addictive. I get home and go on thesite. Without it I get fed up terminally. Whether or not I was like this before becoming addicted to thesite - I have no idea.
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    you've spelt dissertation wrong :p

:yes:

only thing i could concentrate on.

sorry.
  • Options
    Maybe it was just a simple typing mistake?
  • Options
    I think you guys are being a little harsh.

Though I do think you should e-mail/private message the mods and ask their permission. I'd be happy to help once you do that. :)
  • Options
    English is her third language! She just PM'ed me as I volunteered to help her in this post.