Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unconditional offers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have 5 of these, but how come I am able to firmly accept them and secure my place without proof of my qualifications?! Have my school sent proof off with the form or what? One of them asked for proof, but the others didn't. Do they assume no one would be daft enough to make it up and risk getting caught out?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Unconditional offers
    Originally posted by Museman
    I have 5 of these, but how come I am able to firmly accept them and secure my place without proof of my qualifications?! Have my school sent proof off with the form or what? One of them asked for proof, but the others didn't. Do they assume no one would be daft enough to make it up and risk getting caught out?

Erk.

Maybe your teachers put something in their recommendations about your qualifications, or maybe UCAS/unis assume your teachers wouldn't let you lie on your form.

If they've offered you unconditional offers without interviews I guess they don't want to see your proof... :eek2:
  • Options
    I wish I had some unconditional offers :mad:

But to answer your question, umm..talk to your college, they'll know best.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Unconditional offers
    Originally posted by .NK
    Erk.

Maybe your teachers put something in their recommendations about your qualifications, or maybe UCAS/unis assume your teachers wouldn't let you lie on your form.

If they've offered you unconditional offers without interviews I guess they don't want to see your proof... :eek2:

It does seem a bit strange, I imagine the uni MUST have a way of finding out, as surely it would be too easy to abuse the system if they didn't check!
  • Options
    Your referee signs to say they've seen the certificates. Our school made us show them, but I guess it's unnecessary 'cos the school will have your grades on record and will therefore know if you lied!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Your referee signs to say they've seen the certificates. Our school made us show them, but I guess it's unnecessary 'cos the school will have your grades on record and will therefore know if you lied!

Ah nice one, cheers. I've asked a lot of people this question, and that's the most definitive answer I've had. One gold star to you.
  • Options
    I take it you're a gap year student? If you're one of those lucky buggers that gets a completely unconditional offer whilst still at school, you can just drop out. It doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    I take it you're a gap year student? If you're one of those lucky buggers that gets a completely unconditional offer whilst still at school, you can just drop out. It doesn't matter.

The former- on a gap year but didn't defer entry, so entered this autumn for 2004 entry. Does anyone know of someone who has had an unconditional whilst still at school? How jammy would that be!
  • Options
    My friend got an EE offer to study history at Oxford. Lucky bastard. We sat down and worked it out, and realised that even if he didn't sit his A2's, he'd STILL have enough points to get EE.

He did them anyway. And got AAB.
  • Options
    Does anyone know of someone who has had an unconditional whilst still at school?

Yeah most people in scotland get their unconditionals while still at school because we do our highers (A-levels) in a year, so by 6th year (6th form) we've already got a lot of grades! MY plan for 6th yr is to do er, not a lot if i get what i need this year!
  • Options
    The former- on a gap year but didn't defer entry, so entered this autumn for 2004 entry. Does anyone know of someone who has had an unconditional whilst still at school? How jammy would that be!

Yeah, but only for music and arts colleges. Piece of piss, really. :p
  • Options

I know someone who has two unconditional offers to study History.

Though he's in his third year, and will have four ASs and three full A levels when he's finished this year. :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    I know someone who has two unconditional offers to study History.

Though he's in his third year, and will have four ASs and three full A levels when he's finished this year. :yeees:
    That's what most people end up with, but unconditional for history is impressive, it's so competitive!
  • Options

Oh...well umm, I'm a 3rd year and I'll finish with 3 a-levels (including general studies) and an AS.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    That's what most people end up with, but unconditional for history is impressive, it's so competitive!

:no:

Most people end up with one AS and three full A levels.

He's done seven ASs, and carried three on to a full A level.
  • Options
    :no:

Most people end up with one AS and three full A levels.

He's done seven ASs, and carried three on to a full A level.
    I misunderstood what you were saying. That is a bit excessive - I thought 1 AS and 4 A Levels was nuts!
  • Options
    I misunderstood what you were saying. That is a bit excessive - I thought 1 AS and 4 A Levels was nuts!

Heh, just a bit. I think he took 4 ASs to start, then dropped two, so picked another two up alongside two A2s in his second year, and is now topping up one of those ASs to another A level whilst doing another AS. Or something :eek2:

But yeah, considering the universities he got the unconditionals from aren't especially good ones, I think that explains it :yes:
  • Options
    I am lucky enough to have got five unconditionals but as was said before, its because I have already sat my highers. I already have the grades that universities want. So this year is basically easy sailing for me.
  • Options
    my cousing got an EE offer to study history at UCL :yeees: whilst still at school