Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rememberance parade.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I went to the Rememberance parade, my Daughter was actually taking part. So she got all dressed up in her Brownie uniform and was proud at the fact that she would be marching with the soldiers.

She was well excited. So anyways some of the children marching were as young as 5/6 and they came from lots of different organisations I.E Rainbows, Brownies, Cubs Scouts etc. Children are prepared to do a Remeberence parade when really they dont know what the actual parade is for. Obviously they know its to remember people who died in the war etc but thats about it.

Although today was not too cold these kids marched with just their uniforms on and didnt have coats so you can imagine my shcok horror when I seen high ranking officers not even doing the Rememberance Parade. They came out of the T.A and walked over to the church and didnt even participate in this rememberance parade which is to remember their commarades who died at war. I think this was a really bad attitude and I think they should have gone out and marched themselves and shown some respect for the soldiers who did lose their life at war.

Any views from people ? Am I being silly ?

Comments

• Options
    That seems a little careless to me. My mum was in the parade too, she's a guider.
  • Options
    h aa pp y birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beckyboo!!!1