Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Miscarrage?

What are the symptoms?
Are they like really painful?

See i have lower back pains...but more of an ache..and i have stomach craps....quite bad ones...and plus im bleeding dwn there and i jusr finished my period like a week and a bit ago and ive been having peroids for 3 years now and never spotted before....
Im not sure what to do now. Help!:(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/153/38107.htm

You could always ring the NHS helpline too.
  • Options
    its probably unlikely that your pregnant if youve just had a period, can happen but its not a big possibility that you are, if it gets worse than go down to the docs
  • Options
    Nothing similar to what i posted a while back in the Health forum is it?

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58700

Thought id ask anyway!

Rich
  • Options
    Thanks mist......Me thinks thats what is it now:crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    its probably unlikely that your pregnant if youve just had a period,

Not sure if this is relivent but my period only lasted for like a day...and its normally for 3 days for me...

*is soooooooo confused*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Not sure if this is relivent but my period only lasted for like a day...and its normally for 3 days for me...

*is soooooooo confused*

well maybe could have been the start off it, didnt you just have a scare and it come out that you werent?? im not accusing just to make sure, you cant loose a baby if its not there
  • Options
    Yea i did have a scare but i didnt take a test i just came on..then came off a day later.....
  • Options
    If I were you id take a test, just to put your mind at rest if nothing else. You can get cheap ones from savers chemist for about £2.99.
  • Options
    What a test for a miscarrage???
    Oh right a pregnacy test? so you think i still could be pregnant even tho im bleeding? i didnt think that was poss? at least not at this stage anyway. I fort if you were preg you got bleeding like 3 months in or something....:confused:
    *is more confused than ever*
  • Options
    What a test for a miscarrage???
    Oh right a pregnacy test? so you think i still could be pregnant even tho im bleeding? i didnt think that was poss? at least not at this stage anyway. I fort if you were preg you got bleeding like 3 months in or something....:confused:
    *is more confused than ever*

When you're pregnant reproductive system begins to release a hormone, which tells the body that it's pregnant and not to go through the normal menstrual cycle. This hormone stays in the blood and urine for a time, even after a miscarriage.

The very short period you had could have been implantation bleeding - women often get this after the egg has travelled down the fallopian tubes and is implanting itself in the uterus.

The main thing is, calm down. Go and get yourself a pregnancy test. Oh, and try to phone your local pregnancy or midwifery clinic. (Family planning centres usually aren't organised to deal with miscarriages.) Chat to them, they'll probably want to ask you some questions, and maybe check you out. If you have had a miscarriage then you'll need medical attention asap.
  • Options
    hope shes ok :(
  • Options
    I was just going to say this but then saw that kazzy had said it anyway so it's kind of redundant now. But yes, the 'period' you had could have been implantation bleeding rather than a period. It does sound like it could be a miscarriage but then it could be something else. I don't know exactly what but possibly an STI or something like that? I think you really should get to the doctor's Zella.

Hope you're ok hun *hugs*
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    they are different for everyone. PM me if you wanna talk. i know what you are going through *hugs* :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    I was just going to say this but then saw that kazzy had said it anyway so it's kind of redundant now.

Heh, sorry :p
  • Options
    Thanks guys.....im gonna take a test tomorrow. i dont want to be on my own when i have to look at it tho so im going round to the guy who's reasposable for all this madness house and im gonna take it there.

Im so nervous, and so confused. And if its negative im going to go to the docters to find out whats going on with me....
    Thank you so much for all your advice.
  • Options
    Im so nervous, and so confused. And if its negative im going to go to the docters to find out whats going on with me....
    Thank you so much for all your advice.

If it's positive get yourself to the doctor too :)
  • Options
    This happened to my mate a few weeks ago, she didnt think she was pregnant as she came on her period, or so she thought, then few weeks later she started bleeding again, like zella said, and then she shit one, went to the hospital cos her mate works there, they did a test or something on her and confirmed she was miscarrying and shed been about a month/month and half gone.
    erm, not sure wether thats what you wanted to here but there u go, its happened to me aswel, so if u wana chat you know where i am! xx
  • Options
    What sort of bleeding is it, and how heavy is it?

Every person is different I know, but if it is a miscarriage in mjy experience the bleeding has been quite heavy. Even a pregnancy test wouldnt be enough Zella, because the hormone is stioll present after the miscarriage (as far as I am aware) so you wouldnt know if you were miscarrying or if you were actually still pregnant.

Go and see a GP or go to the hospital hon *hug*
  • Options
    ah shit...thanks kermit, now im more confuesed than ever. i took the test last night and it was negative.

are you saying that i still could be?? or ba?
    Im going to the docs tomorrow so i'll tell her all about it.
  • Options
    I think what he means is that you have recently been or are pregnant the hormones are the same.

If you haven't been pregnant and are not pregnant, those hormones are not present.

G.
  • Options
    ah shit...thanks kermit, now im more confuesed than ever. i took the test last night and it was negative.

are you saying that i still could be?? or ba?
    Im going to the docs tomorrow so i'll tell her all about it.

I was meaning that if the test was positive then it could be the last of the hormones from the miscarriage, or it could be a continuing pregnancy. If the test was negative then what I said doesn't really count.

The doctor is the best bet though:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The doctor is the best bet though:)

Yup, as always, they're there to help :)
  • Options