Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I wish I was richer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Then I could get people the things they want. Like this girl. Hmmm. I shouldn't like her - I know I shouldn't. Can't help it though. Anyway yeh.

She's 15 and her "very good friend mike" who's 18 got her a guitar and she's wanted one for ages but I'm not rich enough. Sigh.

Guess money can't make people love you. Can make em like ya tho! Like ya a lot, it seems.

Comments

• Options
    If the girl will only get with someone after they have showered her with overly expensive gifts then she is shallow and not worth it.

Thats my opinion anyway...you shouldnt have to buy your friends :no:
  • Options
    I know that. Still like her a lot though. Funny thing is - other girls... who have liked me for who I am etc... I have got over easily. She broke up with me like 2 weeks after xmas and we barely seeen each otehr / spoke since. She phoned me tonight because she's going manchester for a week and wanted to say bye - and she tells me about this guy which I guess is harmless but I get all jealous.

And now I feel all bad. To top it off - half my friends at school (bless em) think I fancy this other girl. I did kind of think - hmm not bad; but I'm still not over the first one not at all. It shouldn't be this hard to get over someone who apparently makes you jealous and feel bad a lot.
  • Options
    If a guy bought me a guitar I'd get freaked out by him spending all that money on me! Although it's a nice gesture, most girls can see through guys who just flash their cash to get attention. I even find it quite annoying. My ex didn't have much money but if he wanted to buy me a present or take me for a romantic meal he'd save up in secret and then spoil me rotten, which made it mean so much more as I knew it wasn't something he could just do anytime he felt like it.

Not having money sucks though, I agree. I am sooo broke at the moment. And I want to buy me lots of presents to show me how much I like me. Oh well, hopefully I'll understand.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I know that. Still like her a lot though. Funny thing is - other girls... who have liked me for who I am etc... I have got over easily. She broke up with me like 2 weeks after xmas and we barely seeen each otehr / spoke since. She phoned me tonight because she's going manchester for a week and wanted to say bye - and she tells me about this guy which I guess is harmless but I get all jealous.

And now I feel all bad. To top it off - half my friends at school (bless em) think I fancy this other girl. I did kind of think - hmm not bad; but I'm still not over the first one not at all. It shouldn't be this hard to get over someone who apparently makes you jealous and feel bad a lot.

Shyboy I really can't keep up with your love life. Your posts all seem to go 'there's this girl... but then there's this other girl... and there's also this thing with another girl from a while ago...'

So many girls. You tart ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Shyboy I really can't keep up with your love life. Your posts all seem to go 'there's this girl... but then there's this other girl... and there's also this thing with another girl from a while ago...'

So many girls. You tart ;)

It seems complicated. But it's not really. Ok so I break up with my girlfriend last year ages ago. Then at christmas I start going out with this new girl. Two weeks later she dumps me. I still feel as strong now as I did then - which is the worrying thing.

:p

Also - she's really happy about getting the guitar. She even played a bit to me on the phone but by then I was too upset/angry/frustrated (at myself.. I think) to talk to her and said I had to go. She laughed and said bye.

Why it may be more complex however - last week I've kinda got closer to someone else but it's not anything there it's just a bit of sexual tension coming to the surgace. Will be long subsided by next week.

I did get this girl something for christmas. Something that I put a lot of thought into. She seemed to like it lots. She said it was her favourite :confused:. But seems to have forgot about it of late :p heh. Somehow I don't think she's going to forget about a guitar so quick.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    It seems complicated. But it's not really. Ok so I break up with my girlfriend last year ages ago. Then at christmas I start going out with this new girl. Two weeks later she dumps me. I still feel as strong now as I did then - which is the worrying thing.

:yeees: *ahem* I think you're forgetting someone *ahem*

:p

But seriously hun, he's just trying to buy her love, if she falls for it then that's up to her, but you can't do anything about it, no matter how much you want to *hugs* Time heals all, so just try and forget about her and you'll get over it I guess :confused:

And don't forget I'm always here for you to talk to babe yeh?
  • Options
    Money has nothing to do with attraction....my bro is going out for the last two years with a girl thats from one of the wealthier families in my area. Hes a son-of-a-farmer, apprentice mechanic, was a trouble-maker at school, loves cars and didnt go out much. She is going to boarding-school, very intelligent, extremely pretty, well brought up. No-one would ever imagine they would ever make a good couple. But they do. At the end of the day its your character and personality that people go for. If ya cant win someone with that then no amount of money can ever make up the deficit.
  • Options
    I agree with KrazyKlown that money shouldn't buy love and it is the personality etc.. that should count.

I thought this thread was going to be something different and about something that pisses me off. It is a similar situation apart from the fact that i've being with my girl about 2yrs and would love to buy her things that i want her to have but i just don't have the money to do so which is a bit gutting. It won't make a difference as these gifts will not change the way she feels about me already but it would just be nice if I had the money to splash out on her now and again, because she deserves it.
  • Options
    money cant buy love, plain and simple.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    money cant buy love, plain and simple.

exactly...it wont last between them...he will run out of money or she will wake up to whats going on...by then you will have moved on and everything will be cool :)

(and she shouldnt have laughed at you :no: thats just not cricket)