Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Binbags..beware.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
While sitting here listerning to the radio a story came on about a women who got fined £50 for using the inccorect bin bag on her rubish:eek2: im trying to find an article on it but i have school so i'll stick one up when i get to ict (first lesson)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Binbags..beware.
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    While sitting here listerning to the radio a story came on about a women who got fined £50 for using the inccorect bin bag on her rubish:eek2: im trying to find an article on it but i have school so i'll stick one up when i get to ict (first lesson)

LMAO! reminds me of an article i read the other day of this bloke who got fined by NCP cos his parking ticket was upside-down.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Binbags..beware.
    Originally posted by Rocks
    LMAO! reminds me of an article i read the other day of this bloke who got fined by NCP cos his parking ticket was upside-down.

lol i couldn't fine an article on it

but there seems to be a fine for anything these days. heck there proberlly one for not tieing ur shoe lace up.
  • Options
    I have a story related to binbags for I really cant be arsed to tell it.
  • Options
    what sort of binbag? Surely any black bag will do? The council dont provide very many of the official ones so i always have to go and get more, im using the biodegradeable ones now. I often just put stuff out in any old bag thats available though, I dont like to think I could be fined for something so stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I have a story related to binbags for I really cant be arsed to tell it.

oooo do tell :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    what sort of binbag? Surely any black bag will do? The council dont provide very many of the official ones so i always have to go and get more, im using the biodegradeable ones now. I often just put stuff out in any old bag thats available though, I dont like to think I could be fined for something so stupid.

if you don't use the bags they supply you can get fined 50quid if you fail to pay the fine it can be increased to 2,500quid for not using the right bin bags

apparently it makes the dustmans job alot harder as the diffrent bags interferr.

but why can't we use our own. the ones they supply are shit.

also your ment to only be limited to 2-3bags of rubbish a week and they want to introduce charges for every extra bag u have.
  • Options
    also your ment to only be limited to 2-3bags of rubbish a week and they want to introduce charges for every extra bag u have.

That's not so stupid. If you all learned to recycle properly...

Back in Zurich, we as a family of four only ever use 4 bin bags a week - and they're small, 35L ones. Everything else is recycled - tins, PET bottles and glass stuff takes up a disproportionate amount of space, and it's not actually *that* much effort to take it to a proper dump.

It's defintely one of the attitudes that annoys me about this country. There should defintely be a push to recycle more stuff.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Binbags..beware.
    Originally posted by Rocks

That happened to my Dad, on some council run parking thing in Woking.. he complained and they cancelled the ticket.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Council? "Correct" and "incorrect" bags? Whoa, I didn't know you're so into recycling over there. That's great! Here, whatever attempt has been made to get people to recycle has ultimately failed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    That's not so stupid. If you all learned to recycle properly...

Thing is, I do recycle a lot, I recycle cans, glass and paper, I generally use one bin bag a week plus one bag from my kitchen bin - if that. They provide us with one roll of council bin bags at random times throughout the year, but either they need to provide a few more or someones been nicking them from outside my door because I always run out. Its probably the people who dont recycle and therefore need about 4 bin bags a week that nick mine! I must admit though, the bin men have never complained, so maybe its just a one off incident that rudeboy is referring to.
  • Options
    Re: Binbags..beware.

If i got fined for something as silly as that, i`d make sure i put plenty of sharp objects in next weeks rubbish in hope i`d cut the bastards lol.
  • Options
    thats sooo stupid! what next!? :yeees:
  • Options
    Don't get mad, get Glad.
  • Options
    if you don't use the bags they supply you can get fined 50quid

Where? :eek2: We don't get bin-bags supplied.
  • Options
    Originally posted by a badSTAR
    Where? :eek2: We don't get bin-bags supplied.

we get like a roll every year or summit stupid.

anyway Hi vicky hows u :wave: