Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im worried about my really good friend. i care about her alot but she is biting herself. kinda hard she says it doesn't hurt and i don't like it. i know i sound stupid but it worries me. i care bout this person deeply and i don't want her to cut herself and im thinking if shes biting herself badly she might start to cut again. i told her this and she said there no pernament marks so it don't matter but i been like :crying: over this and im scared.. what do i do?

Comments

• Options
    Buy her a dummy? :p

Just sit down with her and put it across to her that it's starting to worry you and actually talk it out with her, try find out her motives and just give her general help really..
  • Options
    how did she stop/reduce cutting herself? it's the same sort of thing really.

it generally does matter, im doubting she's the kinda person who does it just for kicks, but in many cases it is a cry for help and listening to the causes and roots and tryin to help her out in that way is probably the way to go.

i know certain people that have been able to stop because they made a promise to someone they really loved who was around quite often that they wouldn't do it. A proper promise, that if broken you could see how much it hurt...quite often puts people off...

but hey i could also be talkin a load of drivel, you know your friend best :)
  • Options
    she's clearly crying out for help; it's a form of self harm just like any other and she needs to get help. Be around her as much as you can for now and be there for her, and try to enourage her to go see a doctor. I used to cut too, then i slapped and pinched myself. whatever she might say, there might be marks on her you don't see, and it does deff hurt! whatever you do dont be angry with her and try to be brave and not get upset with her - when my bf cried when i was badly depressed it made me feel worse, like i'd hurt somone, and the only person i thought was strong was breaking up and couldn't be there for me. please try to help her realise she needs help.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KittyKat
    she's clearly crying out for help; it's a form of self harm just like any other and she needs to get help. Be around her as much as you can for now and be there for her, and try to enourage her to go see a doctor. I used to cut too, then i slapped and pinched myself. whatever she might say, there might be marks on her you don't see, and it does deff hurt! whatever you do dont be angry with her and try to be brave and not get upset with her - when my bf cried when i was badly depressed it made me feel worse, like i'd hurt somone, and the only person i thought was strong was breaking up and couldn't be there for me. please try to help her realise she needs help.

I know she has stopped cutting, she says she bites because its fun and it doesn't hurt her. She also says it doesn't matter because there are no pernament marks.
    I am just worried about her shes like my best friend and i don't wanna see her hurt. im allways there for her and she knows this and she always been there for me. im just worried:( she doesn't realise shes had me in :crying:
  • Options
    is the biting a way for her not to cut herself? maybe its her way of stopping the cutting?
  • Options
    biting

hey dude. maybe you should tell her how you feel. tell her it upsets you. maybe it will help her to stop.But always remember to be supportive to her.:D
  • Options
    Re: biting
    Originally posted by sonny
    hey dude. maybe you should tell her how you feel. tell her it upsets you. maybe it will help her to stop.But always remember to be supportive to her.:D

she knows im there for her, i don't think she does it insteed of cutting but im not clear why, when i try to get close to her she tells me to forget it. but then again she says thinks like "i feel i can trust you" ect which make me feel like she wants my help.

shes confusing but i'm just worried about her.