Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spring Onion Flavoured Crisps....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What the buggery happened to them. Is it just me down here in Gib (even tho I couldn't find any when I was last in UK) that can't get them, or did Walkers stop all together??

To make this interesting, is there anything you used to eat as a kid but they don't make anymore? On another note for myself, I prefered it when they made Marathons, and not Snickers!

Comments

• Options
    ive not had them in ages

my fondest memories of gib (this is crisp related) is getting in a fountain when i was about 3 because my brother told me too, then being told off by some angry man, then my brother getting me a packet of monster munch pickled onion :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Do they still make / sell caramacs?

:yes: :yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    ive not had them in ages

my fondest memories of gib (this is crisp related) is getting in a fountain when i was about 3 because my brother told me too, then being told off by some angry man, then my brother getting me a packet of monster munch pickled onion :D

We still do that every 10th of September, also on August 4th this year, as it will be 300 years to the day since us Brits kicked the living shit out of the Spaniards!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    We still do that every 10th of September, also on August 4th this year, as it will be 300 years to the day since us Brits kicked the living shit out of the Spaniards!

it was some mad gyppo that told me off (i think i was naked except for one shoe too) i loved living out there
  • Options
    you can't get creme eggs out here (well i know you can in gib but that's 400 km from me), and those little things that were like thick hula hoops, and they were stuffed with chesse Ummmmm :)

i can't eat chocolate at the mo so it's very unfair

luby
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    it was some mad gyppo that told me off (i think i was naked except for one shoe too) i loved living out there

Were your parents in the forces then? How old were you when you left?
  • Options
    I quite miss Tab, that clear Coke, but I doubt that has anything to do with Gib really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Were your parents in the forces then? How old were you when you left?

i left in 93 and my dad was in the navy (i was 6 when i left) went out there in mid 87 i think
  • Options
    ooh we have spring onion chips over here, but i def prefer sour cream and chives, but they are hard to find.
    and yeah i miss clear cola.
  • Options
    you can't get mountain dew over here anymore and i haven't seen chex or lucky stars cereals around anymore either :(
  • Options
    I want some Spring Onion Flavour crisps now.

Or Roast Beef Monster Munch :yum::heart:
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    i know morrisson's own brand do spring onion crisps. my whole house hates them though :yuck:

i used to love scampi n lemon flavoured nik naks and smith's salt n shake crisps. nice to see they've both made a come back :D

does anyone know if they still make those lolly's that whistle? you could slide the bottom out to change the pitch and everything! the wrapper even had an ickle tune you could play. ahhh, happy days *far off gaze*
  • Options
    i forgot you guys don't have mountain dew anymore, i remember lacy complaining about it last year actually, it's so stupid, mountain dew rocks, i hope they never take it away from here.

ooh and sprocket if you are desperate you can buy it off the internet. Or in australia :p
  • Options
    they stopped making cartoonies. i LOVED cartoonies. :(

anyone remember vice versas? they were SO nice. :yum:

and they stopped making roast beef monster munch for ages, but it's back now :D
  • Options
    I remember Vice Versas.
    But getting back to crisps, I used to loveBranigans Roast Lamb & Mint crisps. :yum: They don't make them anymore. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    my favourite crisps are jam butty flavoured and chip butty ...trouble is no one has invented them yet.
    i miss jublys.
    stupid brits owning gib ...why didn't we take spain as well ...the spaniards aren't doing much with it except charging us money to go there. we shoul;d just take it off 'em ...and morroco while we're in the area.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    my favourite crisps are jam butty flavoured and chip butty ...trouble is no one has invented them yet.
    i miss jublys.
    stupid brits owning gib ...why didn't we take spain as well ...the spaniards aren't doing much with it except charging us money to go there. we shoul;d just take it off 'em ...and morroco while we're in the area.

Thank god!! Someone who speaks wisely!!! The Spanish are constantly going on about it, but hey, all the Gibraltarians get to go live in Florida if we nullify the Treaty of Utrecht, as part of the deal was UK gave Spain a section of the states that they owned... grr at spaniards.... they just piss me off
  • Options
    Because we know a few people who go too and from the US every now and then my mrs and I rope them into bringing us Mountain Dew so we always have a supply. Its fantastic, SOOOOO sugery and has shite loads of caffine in it, and it goes very well with Vodka.

Talking of the Spanish, why are they so interested? I mean its basically a big rock, right? You havent any huge mineral wealth that they could exploit. All seems like quite a lot of bother for not much reason to me.
  • Options
    One word, PRIDE. They lost face when they got whooped 199 years and 6 months ago, and they have moaned like little bitches ever since. I mean, for Gods sake, if everyone reminisced on past battles, England would be after most of the bloody world still!!! I can't wait for the day they give up, and let us live in peace. It can get very fucking depressing when these arseholes just cause us grief.