Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In need of some cheering up. Men trouble.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

Well this is just going to be a rant really. Some of you know I broke up with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago, and before that I'd started to fancy someone else.

Well, I still do. Loads. And it's horrible. I don't know what to do about it, I haven't felt this way for ages and even though I'm happy (kinda) to be single again, I can't stop thinking about him. Gah I feel so stupid. I keep telling myself that it's nothing, and it probably is, but how am I supposed to get by when I think about him all the time? And when he says he'll ring me or he'll come and see me at some point then I spend the whole day waiting and wondering why he hasn't got in touch. I really wish he wouldn't say things like that, it messes with my head. The other day he gave me a hug and it made my week, it really did. I don't know if he even likes me. I know he likes me as a friend but I also know that he really liked this other girl who he was seeing and who's just finished with him. I haven't been single for so long I just don't know how you're supposed to pursue these things. Or not. I'm a mess.

Gah, I don't like feeling like an obsessed bunny boiler.

So um, yeah, that's it. Tell me I'm being stupid?

Comments

• Options
    does he phone you and meet you when he says?

your not weird at all. anything could be made of the hug in these crazy days..

but i'm sure it'll become more and more obvious with time :)
    and if you need cheering up you should watch 'stuck on you'
    its ace!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    I keep telling myself that it's nothing, and it probably is, but how am I supposed to get by when I think about him all the time? And when he says he'll ring me or he'll come and see me at some point then I spend the whole day waiting and wondering why he hasn't got in touch.

I can totally see what you mean by that.

I'm still numb from mine breaking up. I think she was a bit unreliable and didn't maybe put in as much effort as she needed to make. But that was in the relationship, if this thing you have has broken up, then you need to try and get these feelings sorted, for your own good.

That's the last thing you want to hear, I know.

Just hang in there the best you can.
  • Options
    Hey

I totally know how you feel. When I like someone, I'm like, obsessive!!

N it's so hard waiting around for them to text you and stuff, you just sit there like, 'Should I text them again..? No, I've texted them 5 times already. Maybe they're annoyed with me. Should i apologise? argh!!'

My boyfriend just broke up with me, and I haven't actually been single for a very very long time, since before that I was in another relationship. So i'm trying to look at the upside of being single right now.

Anyway, of course you're not in a mess!!! I liked this guy I met on holiday once and I wudnt stop texting/phoning him, even tho he lived so far away....very silly. But we can't help how we feel!

Hope that helps, cheer up and stay cool :)
  • Options
    Bri, just to clarify cos I'm not sure if I understood you right, but the guy I'm obsessing about isn't my ex boyfriend, it's a new guy who I started fancying when I was still with my ex.

Molo - yes he does, usually, but usually leaves things right till the last minute like if we're supposed to be doing something at 4pm he won't call till 3:30 or something like that. Gah, I hate it when people do that.

And ryoko, don't even get me started on text messages! Luckily we don't communicate via text (at the moment anyway) so I can't analyse that sort of thing too much, but when a guy I like texts me I can't help sitting there going...hmm...how many kisses?... how quickly did he reply? and stuff like that.

Feeling a little better this morning though :) thanks for your replies!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I'm still numb from mine breaking up. I think she was a bit unreliable and didn't maybe put in as much effort as she needed to make.

had the same prob in my last relationship