Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

You got me like a tumble dryer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Gah my feelings are going around and around. Trying to be there for a friend who you previously had feelings for (and still do a bit); and them not being able to let you in and you really want to help them - it only leaves you the option of walking away! But how do you walk away from someone who you want to help and you care about em so much?

sigh :banghead: everything's more or less uncomplicated till I see her :( and she can't tell me why. Breaks my heart every time - more than it hurt when she dumped me!

What do you do for friends who won't let you in but you care too much to walk away?

Comments

• Options
    she's probably ready not to talk yet, if i was u i would just say that u are there for her and u there when shes ready to talk. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mia16
    she's probably ready not to talk yet, if i was u i would just say that u are there for her and u there when shes ready to talk. :)

yus I did that, and she was all "awww :( I'm sorry I can't tell you. You know I'm there for you too" and I should respect the fact that she can't tell me - but I know *glimpses* into some of the things like: her parents keep arguing, her friends were having a tiff etc etc and I just want her to be able to come to me with every day worries... but she doesn't seem able to. It's like; even petty things she doesn't like to worry me with. But I'm her friend and I'm there to worry for her!!

I feel useless when I see her really upset, and there's nothing I can do!
  • Options
    perhaps she doesn't want to tell you her problems because she feels uncomfortable. when you stop dating someone some people try to distance themselves away.

or maybe she just wants to keep her problems to herself either because she can try to blank them out that way or they are nothing to do with you so she doesn't want you to know.

just be there as a friend to take her mind off it. don't pressure her or keep asking her whats wrong because she might be reluctant to keep on seeing you as a friend.