Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boobs and the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can anyone tell me, if going on the pill makes your boobs bigger?? my boy friend wants mine to be larger, as he says its better for him when we have sex, as mine have shrunk from loosing weight and he liked them the size they were before.

Comments

• Options
    some peoples boobs get bigger but its not guaranteed.

to be honest its just tough shit on your boyfriend. he should love you as you are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    some peoples boobs get bigger but its not guaranteed.

to be honest its just tough shit on your boyfriend. he should love you as you are.

Agreed, see how he'd like it if you went on about his penis. :D
  • Options
    Re: boobs and the pill
    Originally posted by Miss K Sassy
    can anyone tell me, if going on the pill makes your boobs bigger?? my boy friend wants mine to be larger, as he says its better for him when we have sex, as mine have shrunk from loosing weight and he liked them the size they were before.
    Going on the pill just to have bigger boobs (or just the chance of having bigger boobs) doesn't really seem a good enough reason to go on it. Mabye it'd be better to change your boyfriend, rather than your boob size? Then again, sex without condoms does feel better (in my opinion), so going on the pill is nice for that reason. If you happen to get bigger boobs, then that's a bonus.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    your boyfriend is a knob for saying that to you.
  • Options
    i think mr wobble is spot on, change your boyfriend not your chest size! :yes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Tell him that sex would be better for you if he had a bigger knob but you cope and so should he! Wanker!

Going on the pill for bigger boobs is just stupid. Specially if you smoke!
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    if anyone said that to me, he wouldn't have any equipment left to have sex with

:thumb:

Mine grew a little bit, but not much. Like everyone else has said, just get a new boyfriend instead! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Going on the pill for bigger boobs is just stupid. Specially if you smoke!

Might b a stupid question, but what does smoking have to do with it?x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mizz_pink
    Might b a stupid question, but what does smoking have to do with it?x

You're not supposed to go on the pill if you smoke.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    :thumb:

Mine grew a little bit, but not much. Like everyone else has said, just get a new boyfriend instead! :rolleyes:
    made no diff to mine apart from making me put on weight in general.
  • Options
    Mine got a hell of a lot bigger but I did also put about a stone and a half on in weight which was a bit of a bugger.

Still I think it varies from person to person and I don't think it's a good reason to go on the pill
  • Options
    have to agree with the girls. the boobs are fine, lose the bloke.

mine went up a size, but i know people who lost weight (and therefore lost boobage) when they went on it. it's a bit of a lottery.

and you shouldn't smoke while on the pill because it increases the risk of deep vein thrombosis, which can kill you.
  • Options
    Right

To follow on from the comment by Kaffrin regarding the DVT (and bloodclots in general):

My girlfriend started taking the pill again last week - I went to Rome on the weekend to return to the news that she has spent all weekend in hospital with a bloodclot in her knee which was caused by the pill. This was a very serious condition and there is no guarantee just yet that the clots won't move which would cause potentially fatal problems (small chance, but the chance is still there).

This is a contraceptive pill that she has used many times before and so no problems were envisaged.

She currently is unable to walk and can only just shuffle about the place on crutches. She has been advised never to take any of the Pills available again.

She also doesn't smoke. She is 25 (well, is in a couple of weeks and we were due to fly to Sicily for her birthday, a treat for her but that is very unlikely now) and is (well... WAS) in good health.

She is having to have injections in her stomach every day for the next couple of weeks to thin her blood and will have to have treatment for the next 6 months in total.

This is, of course, a very extreme reaction (the most serious I have come across in all the women I know) but I thought I would just highlight that there are some risks involved.

Please don't start taking the pill to make your boobs bigger as "it's better for your boyfriend". As people have said, there is no guarantee this will happen and a lot of girls/women experience very tender breasts when they go on the pill.

What a lot of boys/men fail to realise is just how much the pill affects the female body. I wish they would learn as it just ain't as simple as "take some pills = no babies". So many hormones flying around the place... Not good.

If that was the reasoning for you going on the pill - get shut of him. He ain't worth the time of day from you honey.

Gary x
  • Options
    im so sorry to hear that g_angel. it's also quite worrying.. i knew there were risks involved but you never actually hear anything bad happening.
  • Options
    Aye

It was a bloody shock to me when I landed and can only imagine the thoughts going through her head! Sheeeesus. The pain she is in is incredible as well - she can only take them every 4 hours and they wear off after three. She is literally climbing the walls for the last hour, and of course, that is not exactly conducive to a good nights sleep.

These are so strong to begin with that for about the first hour or so after taking them she is basically out of it.

As mentioned, this is the worst case that I have ever heard and is very worrying.

I am just waiting for this male pill to come out (I have been following the progress of development for some time) so I can get on there - the physical impacts on the body are far less than the female contraceptive pill is for you girls. There is less to happen and so far the trials have been 100% effective (over the last couple of years anyway).

Good to have an extra precaution and also it takes the onus on you girls going through what can be very unpleasant! This male "pill" is basically going to be administered as follows:

1 injection every 4 months of testosterone.
    1 injection every 3 months of the actual contraceptive.

Nice and easy, nothing to forget and almost no complications. In fact, many people have reported an increase in sex drive and several other "beneficial" side effects.

G.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    your boyfriend is a knob for saying that to you.

i agree with rainbow brite, he does sound like a knob, i wouldnt ever think of saying that to anyone. he should like you no matter what you looked like. it wouldnt bother me if you had large tits, small tits, medium sized tits as long as i cared for that person.
  • Options
    Well that just goes to show that dieting is bad - your boobs are always the first thing to go.

I don't know how overweight you were before, if at all, but he can't expect to have you slimmer yet with big boobs still. I can't believe any guy would tell their girlfriend he wanted her to have bigger boobs.

My boobs did get a little bigger, but then again, I've got a little bigger all over because the pill can increase your appetite and make you put on a bit of weight. Going on the pill just for bigger boobs is a very bad idea, especially as there's no guarantee. My friends who've also been on the pill say they didn't notice any increase in size.

g_angel, you've freaked me out rather a lot. I'm planning on coming off the pill after I've finished the next pack anyway, but your post has just made me even more certain.
  • Options

Sorry if I have scared anybody with my posts... I just thought people may like to know what can go wrong...

Works well with some people but in this case, went b.a.d.l.y wrong.
  • Options
    the pill is wierd, my boobs went up a bra size and i think they're still goin. they're better for pains but yeah, check family history. i shouldn't really coz my grandad has a blood clot, but his was due to smoking, which i hate.
    mates said i had lost weight aswell, but i dont know if thats down to sex. it's all confusing. and yeah if you're bf says he wants bigger boobs next time, just do what i said and tell him to get someone else, see what says to that.
  • Options
    my boobs got bigger when i was on the combined pill, and shrunk wen i came off it :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    g_angel, you've freaked me out rather a lot. I'm planning on coming off the pill after I've finished the next pack anyway, but your post has just made me even more certain.

When my pills ran out I didn't bother going back to get any more cos I'd been getting really bad aches in my legs for about a month before and that's a sign of dvt. Yet another reason for not going on it just cos you're boyfriend wants you to (incase you needed another reason) is all of the other side effects you can get. My body's still messed up a year after coming off it. I doubt if all the hassle is really worth it, just incase your boobs get a bit bigger :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aye lass, that's what happened with my lass:

She was complaining about a sore leg on Thursday night but we didn't think too much of it as we put it down to when she was plastered on the Tuesday night and she can't remember if she fell over or not...

If the aches are still there I would seriously recommend getting them checked out... Hopefully they won't still be there and any possible problems will have dissipated. :)

Sex - So many complications for something that can be so fun.
  • Options
    Originally posted by g_angel007
    If the aches are still there I would seriously recommend getting them checked out... Hopefully they won't still be there and any possible problems will have dissipated. :)

Luckilly they went not long after I came off the pill.

Hope your girly's ok :)
  • Options
    omg i think i might come off the pill now *is scared* i had some chest pains the first few days but they went...i went on the pill to sort my periods out cos i just have really messed up periods....the pains have stopped, i lost weight (apparently) and my boobs got bigger so i dunno....but seriously as the others have said he sounds like an arse hun...
  • Options
    Now then

Girly is improving!

She is now able to move around tha place at slightly more than a shuffle (with the crutches) and she reckons she has about 30% more movement in her leg than she did on Tuesday! Superb! :)

She is also trying it without the painkillers (which is pretty brave so early on) and that is going ok... Until she tries to move OR sits still too long. Erm... Yeah, exactly - so she HAS to move. Bugger. Still - for some of the time it is ok and she is a lot more `with it` as she is not doped up.

You would not believe the amount of pills she is having to take... Sheeeesus! This is well into the double figures every day... I was surprised as this is also on top of the injections she is having to have...

Either way, I am pretty happy because as each day goes by, the risk of something going wrong gets smaller! :D

Aaaaaaaaaiii! :)

G.
  • Options
    Hey... i've been on the pill for a month and a half and recently i started getting purple lines on my boobs around my nipples, like stretch marks almost, and my boyfriend reckons they have gotten bigger. woot! did anyone else get purple lines?
  • Options
    nope, but i wouldnt worry, the stretch marks will fade soon enough