Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tounger pierceing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey i was thinking of getting it done but i wanna no how much it hurts like alot or barely thankz for ur help

Comments

• Options
    depends on your pain tolerance levels. i've spoken to people who thought it really hurt, and those that didn't even notice it'd been done til their piercer told them to have a look.

for me it didn't hurt to actually get pierced, although it did make me come over all weak. but it was very sore for the week afterwards, and it hurt to eat and talk.
  • Options
    Some people say it hurts, others don't. Didn't hurt me, but as kaffrin says, it's sore for a few days afterwards.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Mine hurt like a fucking bitch. But thats probably because when the needle was about halfway thru I kept trying to put my tounge back in my mouth. All my friends with it done say it was the least painful piercing. But please do not overuse mouthwash if you get it done. Lots of places say to use it far more than necissary. Using too much will kill the natural helpfull bacteria in your mouth and it will be more suseptable to infection.
  • Options
    i had mine pierced a couple of weeks before my 13th birthday. the actual piercing didnt hurt, but the healing process in my opinion was quite painful. i took it out a few months ago though, because i kept on playing with it which meant i was left with quite a big hole in my tongue, ok a 1cm split but still. now im left with a nasty dip scar. i would say dont get it done, the tongue is such a vital organ, leave it alone! i certainly regret having it done.
  • Options
    Originally posted by naomi-louise
    i had mine pierced a couple of weeks before my 13th birthday...... i certainly regret having it done.

and i would say don't, DON'T get any piercing except your ears and possibly nostril done until you are 18.

they have that law for a reason.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    and i would say don't, DON'T get any piercing except your ears and possibly nostril done until you are 18.

they have that law for a reason.

Not only that, in my opinion a piercer who is prepared to break the law to pierce a young girl is just as likely to break the law by, say, not sterlising the machinery after each client.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Not only that, in my opinion a piercer who is prepared to break the law to pierce a young girl is just as likely to break the law by, say, not sterlising the machinery after each client.

:yes:
  • Options
    na it didnt hurt at all but the week after was a but sore and tender. so asprin and lollypops turn into your best mates during that week.
  • Options
    Thought most of them are out now, heres a list of piercings i had done, in order of pain, from least to most:

1. Prince albert, though it bled like buggery the night it was done, it hardly hurt at all.
    2. Tongue, straight through, was eating (with slight discomfort) the next day
    3. Both eyebrows, on a par with the tongue, no real problems.
    4. Lip, this caused more problems when it came to eating than the tongue, as my teeth kept catching on the back of the stud.
    5. Tragus, those little flappy bits in your ears, hurt like buggery as they are purely cartilage, and i could feel it crunching as the needle went through, ouch ouch ouch.
  • Options
    I thought it really hurt! :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Thought most of them are out now, heres a list of piercings i had done, in order of pain, from least to most:

1. Prince albert, though it bled like buggery the night it was done, it hardly hurt at all.
    2. Tongue, straight through, was eating (with slight discomfort) the next day

and wot do the ladies fink of it... :naughty: i considerin gttin tongue done, just to aid to the natural rhythm ;)
  • Options
    well, as a lady.........I think tongue piercings r v v v v v sexy:yes:.........they add a little something extra to everything, from kissing to doing the naughty :naughty: ! My advice...go for it! If u dont like it, u can always take it out.