Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hairstyles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My hair's more or less chin length and all one length. Any suggestions for ways of jazzing it up when I go out? :)

It looks nice when I just straghten it and make it all sleek but that's how I always wear it and ya know. Plus I suspect it makes me look younger,

Comments

• Options
    Re: hairstyles
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    It looks nice when I just straghten it and make it all sleek but that's how I always wear it and ya know. Plus I suspect it makes me look younger,

Ye I had the same problem...go to a good hairdresser and get choppy layers cut into it, like spiky at the bottom. This'll add volume and when you go out you can boost it up with some products.
    I went wild the other week and after having my hair a very safe shoulderlength cut for years, I went for a drastic cut, complete with fringe like one I saw on a model in Topshop!:D Oh ye...and I coloured it dark...

People called me crazy and didn't recognise me at first but it's the best thing I've ever done...it's so cool!

If you want it really funky, and if you're going for that kind of cut, try the TIGI Bedhead range...the 'Manipulator' is great for texture and the 'Afterparty' really smooths out any bits that stick up because of the slicing layers...anything else...oh ye...try to give it a break on a 'staying-in day' if you can cause it get's dry with all the straightening (well mine does cause i've got a v. annoying wave) and put in an intensifying conditioner...anyway I'm rambling on...just go for it! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, but I'm not after a new hairstyle... I used to have a choppy bob. Was just after stuff I could do to it when going out :)
  • Options
    oooooooooooh ok...well....ummmm...don't really know then sorry, I never put my hair up!
  • Options
    take a handful of kirby grips, twist a small section of hair, pin it. continue until all hair is secured. there should be bits sticking outta the top. take a teeny bitta wax apply to these bits and they are spiked.
    sophisticated but funky