Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stupid.stupid.stupid fool

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as posted many types i;ve had problems with self-harm and other related mental problems so i'll cut to the chase. I've taken nmreous overdoses of parcetmol/codeine stuff/aspirin over the past year and i took one on saturday after a very substance induced night and 4 days later i still have the most chronic stomach pain.leading me to imagine my stomach is well and truly fucked.i'm going to actually have to go to my doctor arent i?

Comments

• Options
    i'd go as soon as you can.

paracetamol overdoses can cause serious and irreversible liver damage. and it doesn't take a lot to overdose, only about 8 500mg tablets at once.
  • Options
    i'm really fucking scared.:crying: it was an aspirin parcetmol mix and i cant rememeber how many. and i cant get to a doctor until next week earliest
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    If you tell them you've taken an O.D, they will see you.

you are on thesite now - you could be at the doctors.

sorry, just can't see why you're delaying it.

(apologies if that sounds mean)

parents.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    i'm really fucking scared.:crying: it was an aspirin parcetmol mix and i cant rememeber how many. and i cant get to a doctor until next week earliest

ring NHS direct. now. i'm being serious. it might turn out to be nothing, but paracetamol can be very dangerous if you take too much.

0845 4647

or http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    ring NHS direct. now. i'm being serious. it might turn out to be nothing, but paracetamol can be very dangerous if you take too much.

0845 4647

or http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

i checked the website earlier and emalied and am waiting for a response
  • Options
    i just found this:

Nature of a paracetamol overdose

Many people believe a paracetamol overdose will cause drowsiness or unconsciousness. It doesn't. There are few symptoms apart from perhaps vomiting, for about two days. In a large overdose symptoms will then start to appear including feeling 'ill' and tenderness of the abdomen.

from http://www.pharmweb.net/pwmirror/pwy/paracetamol/pharmwebpicjournalist.html
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I'm sure they would prefer to know you are ok rather than finding you in a heap on the floor.

don't make assumptions about people you don't know.
    i have no money to get a taxi to my doctors.there is one bus a week. tomro morning.when i have an exam. my mum knows half the surgery, confedential? i doubt.
  • Options
    don't make assumptions about people you don't know.
    i have no money to get a taxi to my doctors.there is one bus a week. tomro morning.when i have an exam. my mum knows half the surgery, confedential? i doubt.

call 999 then.
  • Options
    call 999 then.

i couldnt do that
  • Options
    i couldnt do that

why not?

if it's as bad as you make out, you could be seriously ill very soon.
  • Options
    am i gonna die? coz you're makin it sound like i am. its been 4 days.
  • Options
    am i gonna die? coz you're makin it sound like i am. its been 4 days.

i am making it sound like you need immediate medical attention. which you do. i'm not saying you're gonna die. i'm saying you need to get to a doctor or a hospital fast. if your parents won't take you and you can't get there yourself, call an ambulance. at the very least, call NHS direct.

paracetamol overdose can take up to a week before it shows itself.
  • Options
    i am making it sound like you need immediate medical attention. which you do. i'm not saying you're gonna die. i'm saying you need to get to a doctor or a hospital fast. if your parents won't take you and you can't get there yourself, call an ambulance. at the very least, call NHS direct.

paracetamol overdose can take up to a week before it shows itself.

i cant ring the NHS direct in this current overly hysterical state
  • Options
    ok ive just checked the packets. i took 2 aspirin and 4 parcetamol max.

and i swear im not being so difficult about this on purpose
  • Options
    i couldnt do that

why not? if theres a pretty big chance that you could be seriously damaged or even die, what could possibly be stopping you ?:eek2:
    Im sure that phone operators or whatever often hear people in hysterics whilst calling 999, and the same goes for NHS Direct-loads of panicky people must ring them when an accident or emergency happens !
  • Options
    Please, please do any of the things suggested above. If you've actually got stomach pains and you were mixing the tablets with alcohol or other substances then you can't just leave it and hope they go away. Please ring someone, be it NHS direct or an ambulance. Don't just sit there worrying.
  • Options
    get off line now and go and see a doctor. Because if you keep on someone is going to say something that will no doubt upset you and result in you doing more harm to yourself.

Honestly - this is likely to happen :)

You need to get off line and find someone to help. Thesite can't talk you through this, a doctor or medical professional is a safer bet.
  • Options
    Kirsty please just do whats already been said. I know you have probs with your family but really if anything was to happen to you they would be devestated.
    You need to get medical advice even if you do not want to see a doctor, you can phone the NHS helpline you have the number, speak to them and they will tell you exactly what to expect. Tell them how you have been feeling and they will decide wether you need urgent or non urgent medical assistance.

Go on just do it, or speak to your Mum. If you sit there and do nothing you are going to make yourself much worse with the worry and im sure deep down you would rather know exactly what is wrong.

Keep us informed and let us know how your doing wont you.
  • Options
    ok ive just checked the packets. i took 2 aspirin and 4 parcetamol max.

and i swear im not being so difficult about this on purpose
    if thats tablets then your worrying about nothing. if it's packets then all i can say chuck is you have no choice but take the advice given. legal drugsaren't my forte but ...though me and kaffrin rarely agree on anything i get the impression she knows whats she's talking about. if it's packets then you realy have no choice but to seek medical attention as fast as poss ...not cos your about to drop dead four days after taking them but cos your going to seriously fuck yourself up for the rest of your natural.
    in the meantime ...start drinking lots of water ...get a pint down you now and then keep sipping away at it. NO ALCOHOL PLEASE!
  • Options
    that was tablets not packets. thanks :)
  • Options
    that was tablets not packets. thanks :)
    you have not overdosed then ya daft sod!
    will pm you again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you have not overdosed then ya daft sod!
    will pm you again.
    it is more than recommended and the huge stomach pains did hint at something not right.will see my dr soon anyway
    and you will empty your pm box :P
  • Options
    it is more than recommended and the huge stomach pains did hint at something not right.will see my dr soon anyway
    and you will empty your pm box :P
    just did.
  • Options
    When you made your other numerous attempts did you take more than 6 pills?

unfortunately people might be starting to think you are not serious about this but attempting to get attention.

I know nothing about your circumstances but don't you think talking to a counsellor would be a good start?
  • Options
    Girlie

Re:the overdose, as others have said I don't believe you are about to die as a result of this but you do need to visit a doctor, medical centre of hospital asap to prevent any further damage to your insides. DON'T JUST SIT THERE.

I feel like I've said it a million times, but you really do need to take a deep breath and get yourself on the steps to recovery. It sounds like you do want to stop destroying yourself, so now you need to go and see a professional that can help you, whether that is your GP or a counsellor sought out through college.

If you are worried about confidentiality you may wish to speak to nhs direct (who you can ring anonymously) about the regulations on this, it is a bit of a grey area because of your age and whether or not they will view you as a danger to yourself.

I really feel it is time that you address this properly, and start to take care of yourself as you deserve to, too many people on these boards would miss you if you were to leave us, myself included.

Take care of you

Susie x

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Samaritans
    Confidential help for anyone who is suicidal or despairing.
    Telephone: 08457 909090
    Email: jo@samaritans.org

SANELINE
    Offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. The service is open from 12 noon until 2am.
    Telephone: 0845 767 8000
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    When you made your other numerous attempts did you take more than 6 pills?
    yes

unfortunately people might be starting to think you are not serious about this but attempting to get attention.

people dont know

I know nothing about your circumstances but don't you think talking to a counsellor would be a good start?

yeh im workin on it

and Susie. i know, its been said lots of times but i cant face up to it all like tht.however ive really gone too far now, am gonna try and get an appointment at my doctors early next week when i get money for taxis and can do it without parents knowing.xx
  • Options
    you think you got problems GG. have you read the actimel thread?