Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Needing to wee

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if anyone can help me out, as I'm not sure if it's just in my head, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Ever since my family took part in a medical study and I had to collect a days worth of wee, I've been really paranoid about needing to go. I'm fine when I'm at home or at my bfs, basically anywhere I feel comfortable, but when I'm not I can't stop worrying about what if I need to go. As I'm thinking about it all the time, my mind starts thinking I need to go, but when I try I don't actually need to go. This normally happens when I'm in the car and I know we're going to have been gone for longer than about 20 mins.

Also, when I've gone to the toilet and I've actually needed to go, it still feels like I need to go although I've just been, but this isn't all the time. A lot of the time it feels as if I'm wet down there, as if I need to go (I can't really explain it), but it's not because I've not wipped myself properly or I'm getting turned on!

It's beginning to really get in the way of my life. I've had two exams at uni and all the way through I was worried about going, in the one yesterday I went in the middle, but again I really didn't need to go, but when I got back I continued to worry. Today's exam I kept thinking about it but I made myself not go. The thing I'm really worried about is when my exams are over and I'm going back everyday as I get a bus which takes about an hour. I've been getting the train in for my exam, as there's a toilet just in case.

So I was just wondering, is just in my head, do I need to go to the docs, and just if anyone has got any general advice.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Options
    i go through phases of thinkin i still need the loo wen ive just been but thats normally wen im stressed, if this problem is getting you down your best bet is to go to the doctors, they will probably know what it is, i bet its pretty common and can advise you or give you somethin to help.

i hope im of some help

Tigerlilly :wave:
  • Options
    not so sure about the worrying about needing the toilet but the needing to go when uv just been sounds like cystitis as does the needing to go all the time. when i get it it doesnt hurt at first but i can feel it coming on. mybee that could be it? just a sugestion
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, I've booked an appointment at the docs on tues, so hopefully she'll be able to tell me if I've got anything.

Anyone else got any suggestions?
  • Options
    hi..

I don't think there is too much for you to worry about, but I'm guessing you're suffering from some form of anxiety, in this case focused on needing the toilet. When you took part in that study, you had to be near a toilet I presume as you needed to collect samples, so you're probably retaining some of those thoughts in your mind.

Don't worry though, as lots of ppl suffer from anxiety, including me. Its good to hear that you're going to your docs tho, and I'm sure he/she can help you find ways of getting through this.

Take care x
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply ChampagneSipper.

I think your right, I have got some sort of anxiety, and it is because I did have to be near a toilet, but twice I had to rush home to collect my sample. So I got worried about this happening again. I think I might also have a water infection, which isn't making it easier, hopefully the docs will sort me out though.

Thanks everyone.