Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my right ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep geting this funny high pitched sound in my right ear. Some times it's quite loud but then dies off a few seconds later. Got any ideas what it is? I think I've always had but not really noticed it till now.

Comments

• Options
    do you notice it more when in noisy environments? cos i have a ringing in my ear all the time and that usually makes the ringing worse. i doubt its anything to worry about really unless it becomes more constant, then u should visit ur doctor.
  • Options
    i notice it when its really quiet.
  • Options
    It's probably tinnitus. Ask your doctor, you might be able to get something for it - might just be that your ears are blocked, of course. My aunty has had tinnitus most of her life, I think; hers is really bad though and she's practically deaf now :(
  • Options
    I think I may see the doctor. I also think it because I listen to my music very loud on my walkman so it's prberly damaged my ears..
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    It's probably tinnitus. Ask your doctor, you might be able to get something for it - might just be that your ears are blocked, of course. My aunty has had tinnitus most of her life, I think; hers is really bad though and she's practically deaf now :(

I get it, but I have problems with my ears so put it down to that.

I did a search and found this http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/information/what_is_tinnitus.htm