Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

aarrgghh...hairDON'T

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
had my hair cut today and i look like a little lesbian with a shit haircut. it's not the lesbian thing i have a problem with...i'm used to that...it's the bad hair...can't...cope...runs away and hides with paper bag on head.
The Silly String

Comments

• Options
    May I suggest a hat? Or you could wear your hair tied back 24/7. Thats what I do. It works.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Or you could wear your hair tied back 24/7.

My friend got her hair cut nearly A YEAR AGO and tied it back the entire time in public! :eek2: She showed me it down one time but we were both so drunk I can barely remember it! :rolleyes: She only recently started wearing it down again after gettin another haircut.
  • Options
    am employing the hat tactic. tie my hair back? it's too short!! but not short enough to spike up and look good.
  • Options
    try barettes? those can look cool sometimes.
  • Options
    barettes? wtf?! berets (?) :-/ talk about mocking the afflicted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sillystring
    barettes? wtf?! berets (?) :-/ talk about mocking the afflicted.

yea yea yea, I've got a spelling problem, so what?
  • Options
    It's not that bad hun... Ok so it is a tad short ill agree... Chubbster wont like you wearing a hat inside... she has views on that...
    Think my_name may have been referring to hair clips - barrettes, rahter than berets... plz dont wear a beret!!! i shall have nothing to do with you if u do :p
  • Options
    i had a hairdresser disaster once. i wanted a brownish colour to get rid of my highlights but the dye didnt cover it. so the hairdresser put on another dye and it ended up jet black!
    it was fucking awful and there wasnt anything they could do coz of the condition of my hair.

to make it worse it was the first week of uni :( and a lad asked why i'd gone goth! nightmare, i was upset for weeks.

i complained and the hairdresser called me up and argued down the phone with me. i told my boyfriend(now ex) and he went mad and got in touch with the area manager who he knew personally. i got my money back though and tonnes of products and i could go back whenever i wanted to get conditioning treatments etc. then they finally put some highlights back into it.

i still go to that chain of hairdressers, but not that shop. i'd be tempted to stab the bitch if i ever saw her again.
  • Options
    lipsy - aww no...nightmare!!
    i have the vanity of a true dyke when it comes to my hair (song <you're so vain> floats into head) and I wouldn't have anything to do with me if i wore a beret ;-)
  • Options
    A beret isn't the same as a barette. A barette is some sort of hair clip or pin i think. A beret is a funny hat which frenchmen wear.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i had a hairdresser disaster once. i wanted a brownish colour to get rid of my highlights but the dye didnt cover it. so the hairdresser put on another dye and it ended up jet black!
    it was fucking awful and there wasnt anything they could do coz of the condition of my hair.

to make it worse it was the first week of uni :( and a lad asked why i'd gone goth! nightmare, i was upset for weeks.

*sympathy*

i accidentally dyed my hair jet black once, and when i walked into school everyone started singing the theme tune from the addams family... :lol: funny now, but it bloody wasn't then.

if you have dodgy mid length hair, try wearing it in that style where you twist little bits from the front back towards the crown. it hides any bad layers at the front, and looks quite funky, and not like you're hiding anything.

and oh my have i had my share of hair disasters.
  • Options
    Re: aarrgghh...hairDON'T
    Originally posted by sillystring
    had my hair cut today and i look like a little lesbian with a shit haircut. it's not the lesbian thing i have a problem with...i'm used to that...it's the bad hair...can't...cope...runs away and hides with paper bag on head.
    The Silly String
    I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think you do! I hated my hair when I first has it cut but I'd never grow it again, now. Maybe it will grow on you? (No pun intended... no, really).
  • Options
    i feel your pain.

i have accidently died my hair green. it was supposed to be blue, but the new dye reacted with the blonde bits that were left from when i dyed my hair red, and the red faded after like a week, leaving me with highlights.

at l;east the green was festive for xmas.

why don't you get it cut properly short so that you can make it spike up and look cool then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by living_in_chaos
    why don't you get it cut properly short so that you can make it spike up and look cool then?
    Although you could end up looking like me :p Good luck!
  • Options
    i think not. can i just ask WHY my thread has been moved to fashion? since when has talking about the distressingness of a hairdon't come under a fashion umbrella. i want to be moved back again so that everyone is included in this disaster...it's too selective now!!
    The Silly String
  • Options
    PM the mods if you feel that strongly.