Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diet Pills

After reading the site factsheet about diet pills here I briefly considered going to my doctors to talk about getting them. I am clinically overweight (as told by BMI and the people at Brook Advisory) and "healthy eating and excercise" hasn't been working for me, considering I've been trying it for about 4 years now. Is it worth going to talk about it, or is not worth considering? I'd just never considered it as an option before, and now I've realised it is possibly available I wondered.

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In the main they are mis-used, especialy the ones that are sold over the counter, and in the past they have been woefully over prescribed.

However, the newer breeds of these drugs can be useful for SOME people, they are still chemically quite similar to amphetamine group drugs, but their effect profile is quite different.

If and only if your doctor approves them then I would say they can be a good option. But be very careful, they are addictive, both mentaly and physically. They NEED to be tied to strict dieting and exercise to work properly.

Good luck.