Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quitting / Leaving work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been in my job 2 years to this day ( hooray for me ) But ive got a problem, Ive been ill with the flu and the time off has given me time to think and its made me realise i dont think i want to do my current job anymore I just dont think i can take it anymore.
If its not me making a little mistake that i torment myself over then its just other small things geting to me, i really think i want to leave but i know i could be making a bad mistake in doing so, before i started where i am, ipretty much had nothing in terms of what i own just now, i wouldnt have any of this stuff in my room, but then the money i get is crap, i dont feel respected i sometimes make basic mistakes and torment myself for it, i have such a bad bloody memory i hate it, i just think sometimes maybe for there sake they are better getting someone who is better at the job to replace me, i would like to have stayed on withthe company for another couple of years, because i have nothing to my name.I was thick at schol and only got very basic standard grades nothing else I dont think of myself highly so im always sure i'll never get anywhere in life, though i do try sometimes, so im basically saying im unsure as to whether i'd get another job or not if i left, I could stay where i am till after xmas then leave i suppose.......Any ideas

Comments

• Options
    i feel exactly the same - i had a day off with a stomach bug today and my boss has gone absolutely mental! i am geniuingly poorly as well. i think that i am going to hand my notice in tomorrow coz there does seem to be a lot of work available round here and i get paid a month in hand anyway. if there is plenty of other work available then pack ur rubbish job in and get something better!
  • Options
    had a one-one with the manager today...Usual thing we have with in the company to talk through how things are going etc....I mihgt as well leave coz its clear to me that he doesnt respect me or rate me like.......He made a comment about me wearing a v thin top under my shirt which is allowed as other do it..but he commented to me no one else as far as im aware..they are just takin the piss out of me in there... I try my best and everything but its not good enough for them... I get criticised which i can accept when its justified but its not......I get funny looks I get everyone else shit and i get blamed for not doing this that i should be doing that i AM doing they just arent looking enough...its praise so and so here so and so there but dont praise me ever.....yes leaving is probably the right thing to do..go somewhere were im respected and am not always the one being given shit for nothing :)

Newcastle here i come ;)
  • Options
    well ive handed my notice in today so bit scared now!!!! got an interview tomorrow and there r plenty of vacancies so who knows, hopefully ill have a job soon and wont be too skint
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    *nudges* groundstar *cough*

what was that sorry :p;)
  • Options
    What exactly do you do when you hand in a notice? Do you just tell your boss that you want to leave or do you have to write a letter giving a reason?
  • Options
    You should tell them then write a letter so that it's on record and you know what time you have to work your notice from.