Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pins and Needles

I get pins and needles in my left leg from about mid-thigh downwards quite a lot-at least once a day. I occasionally get them in my left arm too-about once a week. It's just random, not from sleeping on them or anything. It's very uncomfortable, and never in my right, always my left limbs. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to get that sort of thing about an hour before I had a migraine (when I suffered from them). It was always straight down my right side, never my left, generally starting with my arm, which would go numb, and then my leg, which would go numb, and then the rest of the right side of my body.

If it's been going on a while it might be worth mentioning it to your doctor, or ringing up NHS Direct (as everyone recommends it for everything) just to check. It could be anything from bad circulation to the start of something serious, I guess. Not that I'm an expert. :)
  • Options
    I get a pins and needles sensation in my left leg if I'm standing, or slouched, in a particular way, or standing still, for about 10-15 mins. It's a mild case of Sciatica (sp). I don't think that's what you've got though.
    You know what I'm going to say, along with everybody else, if in doubt then see your Doctor.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i get this sometimes and it scares the hell outta me as my great aunt has a really rare condition that starts out as pins and needles and ends with the nerves dieing from your toes to your head so you go paralysed from the feet upwards.

however, i ery very much doubt you have this as it's extremley rare and mostly hereditry and she is in her 70's anyways.