Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is Your Best Medical Advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sure we've all picked up some tips about various things over the years, so what's the best medical advice you have to offer?

Mine would be that when you are given any new medication - read the leaflet that comes with it and then do a search on the internet for the stuff they don't tell you.

And to also ask doctors about the possible side effects.

For instance for years I was prescribed Antibiotics for mild Acne but never told about the side effects on the digestive system.

Also for Acne I'd recommend people look into their Zinc intake .. I've found this to be a little miracle in a bottle.

Comments

• Options
    doctors lie about side effects. check things on the internet, or even better, talk to people who've had the drug before.

check the nhs direct website to see if you can treat yourself at home before you wander off to the docs.

pharmacists know more than you think.

medication is not always the best course of action.
  • Options
    After this week, its best to not worry, you may make it worse, and to not believe everything you read! a lot of it can be horor stories.

A visit to the docs always helps the confidence!