Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

depression, lovesickness, fliping out ECT

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm so depressed, i have been of and on since april when i tryed to kill my self. i'm soo sad, contantly feel ill, don't eat much, only listen to music and talk to one friend on messenger all day, when i not with him and our group or at school. i'm in love with a guy who has a girlfriend, who is soo nice and the whole thing makes me feel evil because her life isn't great at the moment. and i like my other friend but he doesn't want a girlfriend, and is depressed as well. i hate being in my house. i hate being around my family. i have started having times when i will have a horrible things happening in my mind, and i will start shaking and stuff.

i hurt all over and i hate not haveing someone to just hold on to.
i scared that if i go to see a doctor that they will just give me tablets and nothing else
what do i do?

Comments

• Options
    i dont know. i know about the horrible things going on in your mind though - it's happened to me. I just concentrate on other things. Concentrate on my breathing and on the white place thingy I've made up in my mind - very comfortable, relaxing, safe place - it calms me down.

How old are you? Cos love is fucked up around teenage years. You'll probably get over these guys eventually so don't make them the be all and end all of life. In fact - try and forget about them.

Not much else you can do other than try to get these bad feelings out of your system. I used to get so many it drove me insane. Then I got a girlfriend. Bad combination. She wasn't really interested and in the end well we broke up and I was worse than I was before.

Since then I've got better because I've kept level headed and focused. Everyone gets too emotional in everything when it's just black and white. I'm not saying become emotionally detatched or cold hearted - just don't let your emotions rule you. In my mind there are two types of emotions - volatile ones and safe ones. Volatile ones are like fire - there's anger, lust and 'uncontrollable' ones that give you urges. Safe ones are like happyness and sadness - they're more constant and gradually change from one to the other.

I try to keep my volatile emotions in check - I don't block them out I just tend to ignore them most of the time. Then when I want I can put myself into these emotions - so I control them and not the other way around.

I doubt this will help but... don't let things get out of control. It's your life afterall.
  • Options
    i'm 14 thanks for that i has helped a bit
  • Options
    Luby,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through, but please don't feel you're alone in this.

I don't know if you've read any of these articles from thesite before, but they might be of some help. If you really don't want to go to your Doctor, they contain some useful phone numbers of other people who can help...

Help with depression

Mind also have a lot of useful information

stay strong and remember that things will eventually get better for you.

best of luck with it all. And remember we're always here for you.

Love Lu x
  • Options
    Hey there

It sounds like you're having a tough time right now, but there are people you can contact to talk through how you feel. You can call Samaritans confidentially and they will talk through these issues with you. Telephone: 08457 909090 www.samaritans.org.uk

Careline also offer a telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500 www.careline.org.uk

As Lucy has said, try Mind for some useful info on dealing with stress -this link takes you straight to a factsheet on how you can manage stress.

Please don't isolate yourself from the help that is available - you can get through this but it will take a lot of courage and effort on your part. Take each step at a time.

Hannah Spanner x