Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hair opinions please :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Alright, I've just taken this picture, and I know it's crap, and I know you can't see much of my hair (it's in a ponytail cos it's all mingin, needs a wash) but I'd like opinions. I've bought some hairdressing scissors, some bright red hair dye and some blonde dye. The blonde would basically just cover my roots and make it a little lighter as I already have highlights. The red is very red, but dark - like not postbox red or anything. What do you all think would suit me?
me3.jpg 54.1K

Comments

• Options
    If you were going to wear it down it could be good if you dyed the underneath (the bits less visible by your neck) red after you'd already done the blonde how you like, then maybe buy something to give it some hold (like the matt stuff you were on about) on the front and slightly on the side short and slightly cross the strands but only slightly. Wtf am I on about? I'd get some advice from a girl before you listen to me tbh, just bored and nosey.
  • Options
    You're obv in a helpful mood today :D Nah, I did think about having red underneath the other week, but loads of people have that :-/ The thing is, I know red will be dead hard to get rid of if I don't like it; it'll take loads of bleach to get it back to blonde :-/ gahh.
  • Options
    Have you thought about having it done at a salon? I know its expensive but you could just ask for some ideas etc, or have a look for styles on the interweb.
  • Options
    Hehe, well I would just go and get my highlights done again but I'm a cheapskate :D I'm about £350 into my overdraft, although I shall be getting lots of money this week from wages and student loan :D Basically I was in the shop and fancied it hehe. Also got the scissors so I can have a bit snip if I fancy it; might give myself a bob.
  • Options
    dont cut it yourself if you're gonna take alot off, it's really hard to do the back and more often than not it'll be wonky.

you can get a dry cut at some of the salons for like under a tenner rather than shelling out for a cut and blowdry
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    dont cut it yourself if you're gonna take alot off, it's really hard to do the back and more often than not it'll be wonky.

you can get a dry cut at some of the salons for like under a tenner rather than shelling out for a cut and blowdry

Nah, I have to have it blow dried and straightened cos it's all fluffy :P But I've actually just had it cut. I've given myself a bob before - it's easy when your hair's layered, as you can use that for guidelines :) It's more the colour I'm concerned with as I'm not sure whether I should dye it red or not.
  • Options
    i know a few people who have red underneath and i like it :yes:, but its up to you what you did, theres only one way to find out wether u like it or not though!
  • Options
    well - its going red :) hopefully it should be kinda like kirsten dunst in spiderman (the 1st one anyway) but that may be just wishful thinking ;) i may cut it after, i'll have a think after washing and drying it, i'll post a pic anyway :)