Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The pill......how safe is it ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya guys and gals. Just wondering how safe the pill is. My girlfriend is in her early 30s, if she goes on the pill will it be safer than using a condom all of the time?? Probably think this is a silly question but i just dont want to ask her and look silly, ive asked to many silly questions already hehe. Cheers for answers people, much appreciated.

Have a great christmas, Regards Piggsy.

Comments

• Options
    if she takes it properly, it's over 99% effective, which is slightly more than condoms (they're about 97% effective, used properly).

but it won't protect you from any STIs, so be sure you're both clean before you ditch the rubber.

best thing is for her to go have a chat with her doctor, or a family planning person, and they can work out what's best for her.
  • Options
    Wow is the pill really more effective than condoms?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Roxie
    Wow is the pill really more effective than condoms?
    :yes: !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cheers Kaffrin. Have a good christmas.
  • Options
    Re: The pill......how safe is it ??
    Originally posted by pigscanfly
    Hiya guys and gals. Just wondering how safe the pill is. My girlfriend is in her early 30s, if she goes on the pill will it be safer than using a condom all of the time?? Probably think this is a silly question but i just dont want to ask her and look silly, ive asked to many silly questions already hehe. Cheers for answers people, much appreciated.

Have a great christmas, Regards Piggsy.

As for other 'safety' issues....it won't be safe if she is sick, has the squits or is on antibiotics.

Also - if she's a smoker the pill can be dangerous for her health, particularly as she gets older.
  • Options
    id go on it but im worried about how its been linked with cancer+other diseases.aparently its ok but women shudnt b on it for too long.so being on it 4 10 years isnt a good idea