Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fringes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so fringes are supposedly "in" now, as modelled by the gorgeous heidi klum and mena suvari for example.

i really like the razored fringe - a choppy sort of look, so i decided to cut one myself with a disposable razor. (pictures here )

but anyway, what do you think of them?
and do you have one? (pics if possible!)
and. erm. i can't think of what else i could possibly write about fringes so... fin!

Comments

• Options
    i like them choppy and sideswept, like yours, but i can't stand straight, blunt fringes. i've never seen anyone look good with one.

even worse, those short fringes people have. why?
  • Options
    Mine was a side sweeping one until last night. Had a trim and now ive just got a straight fringe. Ive got a face that suits them, hats and glasses suit me to. I'll get a pic soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    those short fringes people have. why?

ohh noo, they're awful, i can't stand them either.

I think you either have a fringe or you don't. You can't just go half way and then decide to stop.

(ahem.. sorry to anyone who has one of those fringes. each to their own and all that polaver...)
  • Options
    I like angled fringes where it goes from the top left/right hand corner to the bottom right/left hand corner of the forehead.

Yours does look a bit butchered but looks wicked all the same :yes:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    thats what mines like now, it used to be a really thick fringe to below my eyebrows but i hated it so now its cut so it merges in with the feathered bits but goes over my eyes.

yours looks lush
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    I like angled fringes where it goes from the top left/right hand corner to the bottom right/left hand corner of the forehead.

angled fringes :eek2:

how bizarre.
    my friend got her hair cut at an angle aaall the way round her head, it looked awful, poor git.
  • Options
    lexxie*, don't want to sound cheesey or anything but you are beautiful
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Mine was a side sweeping one until last night. Had a trim and now ive just got a straight fringe. Ive got a face that suits them, hats and glasses suit me to. I'll get a pic soon.

u must have a round face, my face is round and hats and glasses suit me, but i dont like fringes tbh. had a bad experience :crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by james123
    lexxie*, don't want to sound cheesey or anything but you are beautiful

hahaha. well, thankyou.
  • Options
    Ive got a long side fringe...It kinda like, sweeps across my forehead and covers one eye, if you get me, although its not like a one-eye pirate thing...

Anyway yah...its kinda choppy and stuff...kinda like yours, Lexxie, just a little longer.

I think full fringes (the kind where you dont really have a parting and its really heavy) can look good on the right kinda people. Bit bowl-cuttish though :\.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    u must have a round face, my face is round and hats and glasses suit me, but i dont like fringes tbh. had a bad experience :crying:
    :yes: yep I do
  • Options
    Your fringe looks really lurvly im having mine done in the next couple of days and am very scared (as i always am before i go to the hairdressers) but if it turns out like yours ill b chuffed.
  • Options
    i was too scared to go to the hairdressers too! which was why i ended up doing it myself. im always frightened that they wont cut it how i like. im so fussy when it comes to my hair..

im sure yours will end up great though! post pics!
  • Options
    Yeah last time I went to the hairdressers I asked for a fringe a bit like yours lexxie (looks looverly by the way) and she was too scared to actually do it! great hairdresser! so anyway, came home with no fringe. Am thinking about doing it myself, just a little paranoid that I'll do it crap.