Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sti Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this board but I have been reading for a while. I have a question and therefore a reason for posting.

Today I got tested for sti's by a doctor at my local GUM Clinic. Anyway, this wasn't a nice experience and now I have a bad stiging pain in my penis, especially and particularly, when I go to the loo.

For anyone in the know...how long does this last for? I really need to know how long I am going to be in pain for.

Please reply

MUR

Comments

• Options
    well im assuming you had the test because you thought you ahd something... you may have thrush? that will make it sting.

if the stinging has been incurred as a result of the actually test having taken place, i wouldnt have thought it would have lasted that long.

It will probably be gone by tomorrow, as long as you have no other symptoms (ie redness, rash, itchiness etc) i shouldnt worry too much and assume its just discomfort form the test.

hope you feel better soon. :)
  • Options
    Ive had no experience, but I wouldnt have thought it would last too long. If its still there tomorrow night Id see your doctor. But to put your mind to rest now you could always ring NHS Direct on 0845 46 47, theyll be able to tell you.

Bet youll rubber up next time, though, wont you?:p
  • Options
    As others have said, perhaps it is the symptoms of one of the STDs you were tested for? If so, you'll get the results back soon. Perhaps a painful reminded of why condoms were invented?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    As others have said, perhaps it is the symptoms of one of the STDs you were tested for? If so, you'll get the results back soon. Perhaps a painful reminded of why condoms were invented?

I'm sure that's not why they were invented. Damn, I'm getting as pedantic as Turtle... *goes off to hang her head in shame*

Anyway, none of us are qualified to help you - get yourself in touch with a doctor and ask them :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    I'm sure that's not why they were invented. Damn, I'm getting as pedantic as Turtle... *goes off to hang her head in shame*
    Surely one of the many reasons? Although there is evidence to suggest that primitive forms of condoms were around well before STIs were even discovered.
  • Options
    DON'T WORRY

HI

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, I HAVE HAD TESTS DONE BEFORE AND THIS STINGING PAIN WILL GO AWAY PRETTY SOON, ITS NOT ANYTHING SERIOUS, YOU'RE SIMPLY JUST SORE FROM HAVING SOMETHING STCUK UP THERE!

THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE THRUSH - OR ANYOTHER STI! IT WILL SOON GO

HOPE YOU'RE OK AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE TESTS!

DAVE.
  • Options
    Re: DON'T WORRY
    Originally posted by ilovehimso
    HI

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, I HAVE HAD TESTS DONE BEFORE AND THIS STINGING PAIN WILL GO AWAY PRETTY SOON, ITS NOT ANYTHING SERIOUS, YOU'RE SIMPLY JUST SORE FROM HAVING SOMETHING STCUK UP THERE!

DAVE.

STOP FUCKING SHOUTING!!!!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: DON'T WORRY
    Originally posted by Kermit

:D
  • Options
    Blimey! You've dragged this one up from ages ago!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Lmao. :heart:
  • Options
    :blush:

*hides under a blanket*

MUR
  • Options

Thrush isn't an STI.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Thrush isn't an STI.

Well - thrush can be spread if you have it and have sex with someone so surely it is?

SYMPTOMS
    Women - Itching and soreness around the vagina, which can lead to pain when peeing or burning sensation after sex. A thick white discharge is often present and in recurrent cases the vagina can become abnormally 'dry'. (Thrush may be present in the women's vagina without showing symptoms but can still be passed on to their partner.
    Men - often irritation at the tip of the penis or around the foreskin particularly after intercourse with an infected partner.

TREATMENT
    Can be treated directly with a cream, ointment or vaginal pessaries, or orally in tablet form.

RISKS
    Once you have had thrush, it may recur periodically.
  • Options
    HI

DAVE.

KEEP THE CAPS LOCK OFF. Read the rules.
  • Options
    As one battle ends another begins!! :lol:
  • Options
    HI

DAVE.

You need to read This
  • Options
    Which bozo dragged up a five-month-old post of me bollocking someone? And why, byny?:p

Its not like there arent loads of newer ones or anything...
This discussion has been closed.