Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hands free kits and exposure to microwaves.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone said that the hands-free-kit exposes you to more microwaves than having the phone by your earole. Makes no sense, so erm?...

Comments

• Options
    I mean the earphone connection, like the ones you have with your walkman. Not them ones which click on your earole.
  • Options
    conducting radiation?!?!

you what?!

radiation is an Electromagnetic Wave how the hell do you conduct that?!
  • Options
    Someone's talking shit. :yeees:

Bomberman's right, radiation is an electro-magnetic wave emitted by the phone. An ear-phone connected hands-free keeps the phone away from your head, so is therefore less dangerous.

There are other types of handsfree kits, like the Nokia Bluetooth earpiece, that may or may not be more dangerous, the research is pretty inconclusive. All in all, I wouldn't worry about it. If it is dangerous, we'll find soon enough anyway. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Someone's talking shit. :yeees:

Bomberman's right, radiation is an electro-magnetic wave emitted by the phone. An ear-phone connected hands-free keeps the phone away from your head, so is therefore less dangerous.

There are other types of handsfree kits, like the Nokia Bluetooth earpiece, that may or may not be more dangerous, the research is pretty inconclusive. All in all, I wouldn't worry about it. If it is dangerous, we'll find soon enough anyway. :p

:yes: I agree, totally.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MySuffice21
    :yes: I agree, totally.

Didn't see that one coming..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    i've stopped demonstrating bluetooth head sets at work.
    I was wearing one for 20 minutes when my head started killing me and my eye started twitching and aching.
    I took the headset off and there was a burn mark where the microphone was!
    A few minutes after removing it my head stopped hurting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    i've stopped demonstrating bluetooth head sets at work.
    I was wearing one for 20 minutes when my head started killing me and my eye started twitching and aching.
    I took the headset off and there was a burn mark where the microphone was!
    A few minutes after removing it my head stopped hurting.

I daresay that's just poor technology - bluetooth, essentially, should be no different from a radio reciever, and headphone-based radios have been around for ages without any problems. In fact, it should be even safer than a radio, because the power of bluetooth is pretty weak.

But it seems like a good reason to stop demonstrating them.
  • Options
    Thanks for replies.