Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

christmas rip off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This so much does my head in.All the high street shops before xmas are wanting you to buy all the latest stuff at there best ever prices.THEN boxing day they just show you how much of a fool you are by selling the exact same product at half the price.Which they will still make a profit on at the same time.I mean they arnt going to sell it at a loss are they?
I think (lol in my little world) that at xmas you should stop buying people presants everyone not just you,and with the money buy the stuff that you want .This would stop the socks you hate from granny the y fronts from anty ethel ect .Plus you could buy them in the so called "sales" on boxing day thus getting double of what youd have bought before xmas . what do you think ???:p

Comments

• Options
    that's why gift vouchers aren't such a bad present after all.

:yes:
  • Options
    Why not just buy everyones Christmas presents at the sales? I mean, no Christmas presents on the day, but then go out on Boxing Day or whatever and buy them it.

(I think this would work better on bigger, more expensive presents tbh)
  • Options
    Well, you only have yourself to blame if you've bought something before Xmas that's now reduced in the sales. It should be blindingly obvious that there's a good chance you'll find the item you wanted in reduced in the sales from one shop or another. No good whinging about it. Give cash or gift vouchers for prezzies, and ask for the same.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    But you could give a kid a toy worth a fiver, the kid is happy.

But

Give a kid a £5 note and it'll think you are stingey
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    But you could give a kid a toy worth a fiver, the kid is happy.
    Fair point.
    It's only when they get older that they realise the value of having the money to be alble to buy whatever they wish - and that they can buy it in the sales cheaper than before Xmas.

Mr_Wobble; )
  • Options
    its not something ive done this year or anything its just the same happens every year i just dont think its very fair on say single parants ect i mean fair enough you could say christmas has move back a week or something but it just shows how much money the big stores are making out of people.I mean i surpose some things could be bought in the sales for next xmas but you cant get toys ect cos they change every year.Wonder what santa thinks about it
  • Options
    Originally posted by wappy
    it just shows how much money the big stores are making out of people.
    They're supposed to. It's their job. They're not charities you know. They're businesses, and they're in the business of making money. That's what they do.

Mr_Wobble ;)