Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

IBS-anyone with it, help me please.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so i know i have IBS, and i can normally keep it under controll, but lately its getting bad again, and its so painful! I just need to know one thing, im gettin pains all round where my bowell is but its going onto my back aswel in the same place, to those of u who suffer from IBS, do you get it round your back aswel, or is there something else wrong with me now?

Comments

• Options
    i get pains in my back sometimes.

are you on any medication for it?
  • Options
    no im not :(, im going to see the doc nxt week though to get it sorted. what sorta med can they give u?
  • Options
    depends what your symptoms are.

you can get drugs to help with nausea, to help with the pain and spasms, and to help with the diarrhea.

although it's worth noting that some of the drugs can aggravate other symptoms. like the anti-nausea drugs can give you diarrhea, and anti-diarrhea drugs can make you nauseous.

it's usually better to find out what triggers your attacks, and avoid it.
  • Options
    I don't take medication. I haven't really had pains in my back because of it, but I'm sure it's not unheard of. If you're experiencing new pains it's best to go to the doctor, though.
  • Options
    may be a change in your diet would help - I think some people with IBS benefit from cutitng out diary products.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    may be a change in your diet would help - I think some people with IBS benefit from cutitng out diary products.

Yes, and also red meat and excessive amounts of fibre.

But like I said, if you've suddenly got new symptoms which you haven't had before, and you can't pinpoint a specific thing which has caused them then a trip to the doctor might be a good idea.
  • Options
    I've heard pepermint is quite good for that, although where I heard it I cant remember, it might be worth drinking some mint tea.
  • Options
    i get back pain with it. i get a throbbing pain. my doc gave me these big pink tablets called celevac and its worked wonders. i think its a kind of fibre thing and its been realy really helpful
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i got a docs apt at half 9 in the mornin, so see what she says to me there. About my diet, i dont have dairy products bcos they trigger it off badly and i dont eat too much bread or crisps or things with wheat in as they can start it aswel.
  • Options
    Apparently i've just got IBS. I'm on medication for it and i get pains in my back. I'm not sure if i do have IBS or not tho cause i dont get any nausia or dioreha. Maybe its just quite mild. Anyway i think back pains are normal but probably best to tell your doctor and they'l sort it out. iz
  • Options
    If you feel that your doctor isnt treating you properly then book an appointment with a different one. That is if your surgery has more than one doctor, and most do.
    Then go to that doctor, explain your problem and see what happens, they probably wont even ask you why you came to them and not your norm. But if they do then explain your concerns.
  • Options
    two things

1. A long course of Anitbiotics can cause all sorts of problems cos they kill the bacteria in your digestive system which helps you digest food.

2. Think Caveman

Our bodies are basically the same as they were hundreds of years ago but our diets are totally different.

And even if you're eating like a cave man, i.e.e lots of meat etc, gods know what they are pumpig ito these animals these dys to make them produce more milk and add more meat on them.

Having spent uch time in Africa you hardly her of IBS and problem like this .. I think part of the reason is they don't have the resources and technology to screw up the food chain so badly so the food is more natural.
  • Options
    I have possible IBS (but could be Crohn's, waiting for an endoscopy) and I get pain in my back...turns out I've got gallstones as well...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I have possible IBS (but could be Crohn's, waiting for an endoscopy) and I get pain in my back...turns out I've got gallstones as well...

oh my friend had the very same problem and she was rally sick all the time. she just had her gall bladder out last friday so hopefully she will be fine when she recovers.
  • Options
    I used to get really bad back and stomach pains with mine. I spoke to my dad's friend who's a physio and she showed me some exercises to stretch my back out and they really helped.
    I gave up on going the doc's, it was a waste of time. I'd already tried colofac and when i told my doc this she said " well let's just try it again". I think the problem is that nobody really knows why it happens or what really triggers it so i suppose the docs do what they can.

I control mine pretty well now through diet. Found exercise really helped as well.