Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the hardest person to buy for?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So who's been the hardest person to buy for this year (Christmas present)

Mine is my mate lis...not only because she has impecable taste and so you cand scrimp on the cost but because its her birthday on Boxing day so I have to come up with the goods TWICE!!

I've bought her a bag I saw her looking at (Although the fact she's a shopaholic but didn't buy it at the time is a concern!!)

and a fancy lampshade from Monsoon that cost me £30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sisters boyfriend is a bit of a worry too, though I love him to bits. I think he'll like what I've got though..

I had 20 people to buy for this year!!

Comments

• Options
    I only bought one xmas present. So far. :) Twas quite easy to pick it off the shelf so yea :)
  • Options
    I usually just browse, and if I see something that someone might like I buy it for them.

Without naming names, some people are a complete and total pain in the arse to buy for though. Especially when you want it to be something special that they'll appreciate :p

9 times outta 10 they appreciate it though.
  • Options
    my dad....he is impossible to buy for :banghead:
  • Options
    my brother is the worst. he has everything, and anything else he wants he can afford to buy himself, so he never appreciates anything you get him. i just got him a beer gift set cause you can never go wrong with alcohol in my family.

my dad's quite hard too, cause he doesn't like anything or do anything, but he's quite happy with whatever you buy him.
  • Options
    I would have to say my sister and my grandmother. Such a pain in the ass to try to buy them anything because I never know what to get.
  • Options
    My Dad. Can't get him anything.
  • Options
    My Dad. Doesn't have any interests or hobbies. Doesn't listen to music. Doesn't watch films. In fact, there's nothing he needs. Having said that, I was chatting to him on the phone the other day, and he said "I do need a decent pair of nail scissors"!!!!! :eek2: Bizarre prezzie. However, I've decided that if that's what he needs, and that's what he wants, that I'll get him a decent pair. I was chatting with my Mum too, and we were joking about his nasal hair, so I'm getting him a nasal hair trimmer too. :D I can't believe I'm buying those as a present for someone, let alone my Dad. :crazyeyes:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    My boyfriend! He's eccentric and funny, and he deserves a good present. All he asked for was cheap shaving cream, but I've got him some proper Gillette stuff, and I have ordered him a desktop pinball machine from

http://iwantoneofthose.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    whats the postage and packing like on there? I bought some stuff for my ex last year off ann summers online bit and they charged me a fiver for the p&p :eek2:

For me I think £3.95 but that also guarantees it will get here before Christmas Day.
  • Options
    Re: the hardest person to buy for?
    Originally posted by byny

My sisters boyfriend is a bit of a worry too, though I love him to bits. I think he'll like what I've got though..

How about some chocolate body paint??

That should be a treat for your sister too!!!
  • Options
    hmm has to be dad so like he gets perfume or other random shit
  • Options
    Have you noticed the pattern here, and how many people say their Dad is the hardest person to shop for? What is it about Dads? Why don't they have interests, or listen to music, watch films, etc? Why are Dads so boring?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Have you noticed the pattern here, and how many people say their Dad is the hardest person to shop for? What is it about Dads? Why don't they have interests, or listen to music, watch films, etc? Why are Dads so boring?

Mr_Wobble ;)

cause they spend most of there time working to look after there kids.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    whats the postage and packing like on there? I bought some stuff for my ex last year off ann summers online bit and they charged me a fiver for the p&p :eek2:

funny you said that.... my parcel from ann summers just got delivered for my mate for xmas and they only charged me £2.50 p&p
  • Options
    hi

try an get a present for ur mother in law. Youd end up 'n gettin' her a dildo or some thin. I'm not sayiny that she woulent enjoy it or anythin.:naughty:
  • Options
    Re: hi
    Originally posted by kony331
    try an get a present for ur mother in law. Youd end up 'n gettin' her a dildo or some thin. I'm not sayiny that she woulent enjoy it or anythin.:naughty:
    nah, thats what i bought my best mate :lol: rampant rabbit delux!
  • Options
    howd he/she like it?
  • Options
    Girlfriend, because she likes surprises so wont even *hint* at what she bloody wants.

Dads are easy, or mine is- a beer set or a The Who CD and hes as happy as a pig in shit:D
  • Options
    My dad. Always. He just buys stuff he likes (esp. music), and deosn't really have time for much else... so I just buy him sports books and DVDs. But I gto one signed this year so that should be alright!

Anyone female is very easy to buy for, i've discovered.
  • Options
    My friend, as she doesn't hint at all :| although apparently i'm hard to buy for so it balances out :D i got her a simpsons cluedo set in the end because whenever she comes round we end up getting drunk and playing cluedo. And because everybody loves the simpsons, lol.

i consider myself easy to buy for though, as i told her, anything would do, even a 10p mix would suffice, although a 20p mix would be better...
  • Options
    My dad's easy to buy for. For the last two years we've got him Air Guitar 1 & 2. Wanted to get him the 3rd one this year but Lizzy went and ordered a Rugby DVD instead. The only DVD player he has is on his laptop though so I don't know how she figured that out. He'll like it though. He loves rugby.

The hardest people to buy for this year were Woo because she didn't tell me what she bloody wanted, so I didn't have a CLUE. And my mother, who I haven't bought anything for yet because I haven't got a clue and I REFUSE to buy her what she wants because it's stupid. Might get her the mascara though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

Mr_Wobble ;)

my dad has interests (cars) but i cant buy him a car
    he doesnt like music cds, he prefers to just download random songs
    he buys his own dvds because even if he told me what to get he'd moan that i got the wrong one
    he doesnt read books....because.....i dunno why lol.
    so my dad is just impossible!
  • Options
    my grandad. what the hell do you buy a ninety year old male diabetic?
  • Options
    Re: the hardest person to buy for?

mmm i think actually my parents are quite difficult to buy for, I know what they like but i dont. Like you want to get them something realy nice and it turn out its not! Also some of my friends are difficult o buy for i just end up giving people candles!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karma Killer
    cause they spend most of there time working to look after there kids.....

But they spend very little of their time teaching their kids about grammar and spelling :D;)

no offence - and happy christmas!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    my grandad. what the hell do you buy a ninety year old male diabetic?

a packet of diabetic butterscotch :yes:
  • Options
    I've known my mums boyfriend since I was born, but we never bought him presents until they got together. Each year we get a big box and fill it with all sorts of amazing jars of food from different countries. Like Olives, Stuffed vine leaves, kabanos, speciality beers, pickles and herbs. He loves it because he travelled a lot when he was younger and likes to eat the stuff he remembers from his time abroad.

The first year he was really surprised and now it's all he wants to get each year!