Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fluanxol - has anyone ever had these?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya

I've been prescribed Fluanxol 1mg tablets to help me out with my stress/anxiety problem. There was no patient information leaflet in the box the pills came in!! I have looked online, and haven't found anything which has been that useful for me, it all seems to be about the really high doses of Fluanxol, and written for those in the medical profession, or very very simple...telling me they are a commonly prescribed anti depressant.

Can anyone tell me if these pills are anti-depressants/tranquilisers/ beta blockers or whatever? I've not really got any knowledge of mental health problems or prescriptions. Also these tablets say on the packet to avoid drink....a friend said to me that my tabs could be tranquilisers as you can drink on anti depressants.

I'm really confused, if anyone could let me know what these tablets are classed as, or let me know about any experiences you had with them I would really appreciate it!!

Comments

• Options
    according to my trusty sources, they are an anti-psychotic, normally prescribed for the maintenance of patients with schizophrenia.

it's all medical mumbo jumbo, but the jist is here.

and for the record, you shouldn't drink while on ANY psychiatric drugs.
  • Options
    cheers Kaffrin!! Scary sounding tablets seeing as I went to the doctors with seasonal stress!!
  • Options
    so are you allowed to drink when you take meds for manic depression? Not sure which exactly he took, but my ex took pills daily yet drank like anything. Would this do anything to stop the pills working?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    so are you allowed to drink when you take meds for manic depression? Not sure which exactly he took, but my ex took pills daily yet drank like anything. Would this do anything to stop the pills working?

it might do.

more likely, it'd have a toxic effect in his body, so he'd get drunk quicker, feel worse afterwards, and possibly damage his liver.

it's not a good idea.