Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I wanna be......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In Donegal..

Where do you want to be right now...and why, and who with. Tell me in the most descriptive way you can, let me know why so that I can read it and get the flavour...instead of skipping through.

I want to be in Glencolumcille with my dead dad, (Alive of course). I want to be sitting outside his house after eating some disgusting rice concoction he's cobbled together, flavoured by lime chutney, followed by a tot of whisky from the ferry and a good glass of wine. We've been listening to Tom Petty and smoking some good grass in front of the fire with the cats on our chests and the dog at our feet. After stoking the fire with a few peat briquettes we've moved outside and have lit a fire out front. In the distance we can see O'Roarty's and John Onion's, there's some kind of Session going on down there (the German tourists are loving it), and the air smells of straw and cowshit, (Its late summer).

In the distance I can hear the goats, but it's not bleating, it's the sound of them moving through the bracken, the bells clanking, the kids following their mother. The windmill is whirring above us.

My dad is telling a story we've heard a thousand times but Mark, Anto and I are laughing anyway, ... its a story about the Japanese Woofer that came last summer. Suddenly my dad grabs my knee and squeezes really hard...'you're alright kid' he says, while I squeal and try to get away!! Mark is amused and amazed - his parents don't act like this. Dad passes the joint to Mark - His parents CERTAINLY don't act like this!!

Now tell me your wish ...

Comments

• Options
    Re: I wanna be......

Wow... just want to say... if you worked over it a couple of times like grammer and spelling and such (not complaining I dunno people seem to pick up on mine and i dont know its wrong) then that would be a fantastic piece of prose. It is a fantastic piece anyway.
  • Options
    Re: Re: I wanna be......
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Wow... just want to say... if you worked over it a couple of times like grammer and spelling and such (not complaining I dunno people seem to pick up on mine and i dont know its wrong) then that would be a fantastic piece of prose. It is a fantastic piece anyway.

1. OH DAMN... grammar and spelling are really important to me (I'm not being facetious it's true)
    2. Tell me yours
  • Options
    RE: I wanna be......

In Gweedore, Ireland

Not really with anyone special, but just to walk around, look at all the sites, and just take everything in. Just think that it would be a very great experience because everything that I have heard about Ireland, and such, that it's a beautiful country and, also, from some of the different pictures, and such, that I have seen, of different places of Ireland, it really, really looks like a beautiful country. :):D
  • Options
    on a beach.....anywhere with white sand and clear blue seas, it would make a change from the dull grey sites of london
  • Options
    Why the fuck does everyone wanna go to Ireland?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I have no idea.

I wanna be so many places but most of all...asleep dreaming of where I could be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

I might like to go Ireland one day. I like the rural appeal. I live in a village here, however. I'm not sure. Ireland or Scotland; undeveloped countries and all that :p

[/ignorance]
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

[/ignorance]

At least you aint like one of our dear friends, who thought letters to Scotland needed to be sent by Air Mail :p
  • Options
    loved by you ... by you and no one else but you.