Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who will win?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi all, just wondering who you all think will win Pop Idol? My votes going to Michelle :yes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well i only watched it 2 and half times so what do i know?.. but even so, i wanted Sam to win.

oh well :(

im not too bothered cus i think michelle has an amazing voice but i think her songs would be really boring, and from what i seen i think shes got a shit personality - my family have persuaded me that deep down knows she is going to win which puts me off, it shouldnt but it does. And other guy dont know his name has a nice voice - but belongs in a boy band, not solo.

I thought Sam would have best career of all of them. The other two wont last i think..

I think when it comes down to it, the girls who vote want a sexy bloke and will vote him as winner...
  • Options
    Michelle. Even though she sings out of her nose and looks like a middle aged frump rather than a pop idol :rolleyes: I refuse to watch it now. Vote off all the ones who can sing and do actually look like pop stars, and leave the fat bint who cant and doesn't :p
  • Options
    I am hoping some psycho will send a threatening letter to th folk down at whichever stupid company makes Pop Idol, telling them if they put on the final, the place will be bombed. Then no one wins, and Simon Cowell realises people don't like him, and he will retire, as will all other people who make money out of Pop Idol ( well apart from Will), and then record companies will be scared to give anyone from the show a record contract.

Ah, if only.......
  • Options
    well i loved susanne, she had such a brilliant and different voice she should have won :yes:

or roxanne :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    and leave the fat bint who cant and doesn't :p

Arrrrgghhh, if they couldn't sing, they wouldn't be 1st and 2nd out of 20,000 people :mad:

Although I was rooting for Leon (who came 12th :mad: ) and was totally anti-Michelle, I now want her to win. No-one is as good as Will was though :p

Sam got kicked out because Santa needs as many elves as possible to wrap the presents.

Oh, and Mark eats too much cheese.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Arrrrgghhh, if they couldn't sing, they wouldn't be 1st and 2nd out of 20,000 people :mad:

But it's all a matter of opinion isn't it :p In my opinion she can't sing, she sings out of her nose! Roxanne was fab! She looked and sounded just like a popstar unlike some :rolleyes:

I do agree with you that nobody's as good as Will. None of this years have been half as good as most of last time's final lot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    ( well apart from Will)

Thank you :)

Pop Idol and other similar programmes should be rested for at least five years, starting after Saturday.

But they wont be, because of the money. Same goes for the Xmas single, not a bad version IMHO, but it's such a cash in. As are all records aiming for Xmas number one.
  • Options
    But it's all a matter of opinion isn't it :p In my opinion she can't sing, she sings out of her nose! Roxanne was fab! She looked and sounded just like a popstar unlike some :rolleyes:

Fair point, but Roxanne to me is a bit samey. Like we've got loads of poppy R'n'b female singers at the mo, like Beyonce and Javine, and I dunno whether Roxanne would have done especially well, whearas someone like Michelle, who IMHO will do well belting out power ballads, might do a bit better. After all, the people who vote are probably gonna be the same people who buy the singles in the end.

I personally would have liked to have seen Andy Scott-Lee get further than he did.
  • Options
    whearas someone like Michelle, who IMHO will do well belting out power ballads, might do a bit better.

I do get what you mean about Roxanne, but I don't think Michelle will do well. She's not exactly going to appeal to youngsters. And without being harsh she's hardly going to be one that all the lads fancy like Kylie, Britney etc. I can only see Celine Dion type people actually willingly listen to her music.
  • Options
    Michelle deserves to win, Sam should be in the final with her.
    Mark should have gone out weeks ago, he is so boring and average.
  • Options
    I noyl saw it once, a few weeks back, but I thought Michelle did have an excellent voice - she and Susanne really stood out - and I don't think looks should come into it, Faith. Why should a "fat bint" be any less of an idol than some skinny girl?
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I don't think looks should come into it, Faith. Why should a "fat bint" be any less of an idol than some skinny girl?

They shouldn't but they do. Kylie, Britney, Gareth etc don't get number 1's based on how good their songs are. Like I said in a previous post I really don't see who her or her music is going to appeal to.
  • Options
    They shouldn't but they do. Kylie, Britney, Gareth etc don't get number 1's based on how good their songs are.
    Sadly, I'm sure you're right. Even Alex Parks - a supposedly "surprising" winner of Fame Academy because of her sexuality - is really good-looking. The gay community all seem to love her, at least!
  • Options
    They shouldn't but they do. Kylie, Britney, Gareth etc don't get number 1's based on how good their songs are. Like I said in a previous post I really don't see who her or her music is going to appeal to.

:yes:

it's not a talent contest, it's pop idol. they are looking for someone with the whole package, talent, looks, charisma.

i think michelle probably will win. and yes, she has a good voice, but that's all. she stands on stage and belts out a tune, which is all very well if you're doing karaoke, but if you want to be a pop idol, you need a bit of charisma. a bit of showmanship. and most importantly, you need to be drop dead gorgeous. it's pretty sad, but it's true.

rik waller had a voice on him. one single later where is he? on celebrity fit club? nice.

if you want to make it in the pop world, you either have to give the audience something a little bit different, or you have to give them exactly what they want. and i don't think michelle does either.
  • Options
    as ive said before, its pop idol not fat idol or frigging bone idol
  • Options
    I don't really watch Pop Idol or any type of shows like that. Kind of think they are all pretty stupid, but that's just all IMHO, and, maybe, what the hell do I really know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    and Simon Cowell realises people don't like him,

I think hes brilliant!!! I hardly ever disagree with him at all ~ actually i dont think i have ever disagreed with him. Hes brilliant. Speaks the truth not sugar coated nonsense. Love it!
  • Options
    Michelle. Even though she sings out of her nose and looks like a middle aged frump rather than a pop idol :rolleyes: I refuse to watch it now. Vote off all the ones who can sing and do actually look like pop stars, and leave the fat bint who cant and doesn't :p

You are so right...She sings down her nose and pulls funny faces though I'd prefer it if she won cos mark has no talent.

Suzanne should have won!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    if you want to make it in the pop world, you either have to give the audience something a little bit different, or you have to give them exactly what they want. and i don't think michelle does either.

Exactly. I think she'll win purely cos 'larger' people are voting for her to make a point. Whether they'll actually buy her singles and support her is another thing entirely. Will & Gareth etc might get slated but they are both good looking and appeal to the girlies (and boys like Bri ;)), which is the market that will buy the singles and usualy support them no matter what they do. That's why they're successful. And sorry, but I for one would much rather watch a fit bloke that I fancy or a pretty girly who's clothes I wanna copy, on Totp/Mtv than some fat frump, and if you're honest I'm pretty sure that most of you would agree ;):p
  • Options
    yes!! i was so happy michelle won! i screamed when they said the results :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    yes!! i was so happy michelle won! i screamed when they said the results :D

I screamed too. You don't want to know what though :yeees:
  • Options
    This sums it up :yes:
  • Options
    This sums it up :yes:

Yes, let's all listen to Pete "One True Voice" Waterman :rolleyes: :p

I'm glad she won. And look at the way she took it, she was really humbled. At the end of the day, whether her career works out or not, I still don't think the comments of fat bint and stuff are really necessary. In any case, I'd much rather someone with a glowing personality like that won, someone who will appreciate it than some pretentious little slag like Kylie who thinks the world revolves around her and her arse :rolleyes:

And I also don't aagree that she won purely because of fat people making a point. I think that's just silly. The majority of more than 10 million votes went to her, would you say Will won purely because he came out as being gay? Or that everyone who voted for Gareth did so becuase of his stutter?

Tbh, I think she's going to get a hell of a lot of similar bitchiness to come :p
  • Options
    would you say Will won purely because he came out as being gay? Or that everyone who voted for Gareth did so becuase of his stutter?

No. I would say that they got votes because they were both good and fitted the bill as 'pop idol'. I still don't think she does what-so-ever.
  • Options
    No. I would say that they got votes because they were both good and fitted the bill as 'pop idol'. I still don't think she does what-so-ever.

Well it's all about opinions, but why should we stereotype what a Pop Idol should be? More to the point, we've got more than enough stereotypical Pop Idols around anyway. When the first Pop Idol started, the aim was to find a great solo singer, as there weren't many around at the time. Now we're flooded with them

Not saying she'll do as well as Will, but who is anyone to say she isn't a Pop Idol? She beat off 20,000 other people to win the thing, most people with ears can see she's got a decent enough voice. I hope she does well, and getting more than half of 10 million + votes is a good sign :thumb|:

BTW, did you vote at all during the series? Because you can't really complain if you didn't. And I thought you said you refused to watch the thing anyway :p
  • Options
    BTW, did you vote at all during the series? Because you can't really complain if you didn't. And I thought you said you refused to watch the thing anyway :p

Yes I did vote. I voted for Roxanne who I really wanted to win, then for Sam and last night I voted for Mark. I was addicted to Pop Idol, although it definately didn't have half of the appeal as the last one!