Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well... here we go.

A local rock night for 16+ people in the Wrexham area is run every forthnight in the Wrexham rugby club, which is 40 minutes from the town center. The only route to walk goes down a dark country lane for 15 minutes (with bad lighting), past one of the biggest council estates in the Uk and up the main road. Now the weather tonight wasn't nice, in fact it was cold, pissing it down and windy.

Anyway, the bus to the town center didn't turn up for some reason, leaving at least 50 young people to make their own way back in to the town center (many of which were young women, they all grouped off although some walked in pairs or alone) to walk back down this route which admittedly I wouldn't walk alone... No taxis until half one by the way, this was midnight.

Came out of the club before the night had finished... No bus.

So I'm thinking of making a complaint. Youths have been beaten up in our area before for their way of dress and it's not safe for a young woman to walk back alone.. in fact imo it's disgusting! I mean what the hell could have happened on the way back?

I phoned Acton coaches just now and the woman said it was there... but it wasn't and said she can't tell me anything right now. I thanked her and asked if she could look in to it and I'd get back to her. She said nothing and put the phone down.

Now I'm cold and wet, I was walking for an hour and a half to get home in the pissing rain. People have paid for this frigging coach and not got themselves back in to town safely .

Am thinking of pursuing this, but also telling them I'll contact the press and the local AM (kinda like an MP) for our area if a formal appology isn't put on the website and a letter isn't written. Is this too extreme?

Anybody experienced something similar? How was it delt with?

Comments

• Options
    Get a complaints thingy from the bus comp & give them hell :mad:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Make an official complaint to the local council - a lot of times they are honour bound to investigate every complaint.

How much do you pay for the bus?

Why not speak to a local private bus company and see if they will match or beat the price of the local bus.

I know for instance our local nightclub has a pub to club service where they pick you up outside of the local Yates pub in Harrow and then the bus takes everyone to Watford and then bring them home to the drop off point at the end of the night.

You say thenight is for 16+ so if you can find a suitable pickup area where people can wait like a coffee shop, etc I bet the owner will be all too pleased for the extra business.